for those who couldnt be at shannon today ... (1 Viewer)

something along the lines of "we r tryin to breach airport security so we can highlight the issue of the US military using our airport illegaly" Sandy and Ray were also on the rte1 news getting pushed round by some gardai, and lots of runnin around by people tryin to breach security, and cops fallin everywhere tryin to catch em!

was Weeler the posh sounding bloke with his hand over the camera who sounded like he was about to burst out laughing cos it was a deadly Saturday afternoon buzz. If so he did the protest no favours coming across as such a clown.

Problematic said:
was Weeler the posh sounding bloke with his hand over the camera who sounded like he was about to burst out laughing cos it was a deadly Saturday afternoon buzz. If so he did the protest no favours coming across as such a clown.
Well i cant personally comment on that person you've referenced (cause i didnt see it) but why was he doing the protest no favours ? More and more I guess were kind of seeing people more interesting in creating media friendly image of the protests so as to win public opinion as opposed to actually doing anything that would ACTUALLY get the airport shut down you know ? I dont think any of the previous that got airplane companys out of shannon won any public support ?

just my opinion.

and come someone please take the names out their posts so as to preserve some sort of anonimity .. they werent wearing masks for no reason.

ian bastardcore said:
Well i cant personally comment on that person you've referenced (cause i didnt see it) but why was he doing the protest no favours ? More and more I guess were kind of seeing people more interesting in creating media friendly image of the protests so as to win public opinion as opposed to actually doing anything that would ACTUALLY get the airport shut down you know ? I dont think any of the previous that got airplane companys out of shannon won any public support ?

just my opinion.

I didn`t mean the objective of trying to close the airport down is a bad idea, and direct action is not a bad idea, my porblem was with the way [name withheld for security reasons] came across, and no in this instance TV3 didn`t need to edit it to make him look stupid. He had his hand over the camera lens while he giggled his way through a brief sentance about closing down the airport, it just looked really lame and insincere and it seemed like the only reason he was there was for a bit of a laugh. I don`t know [name withheld for security reasons], but I do know while I watched the news, I was thinking this guy is a dickhead.

Problematic said:
I didn`t mean the objective of trying to close the airport down is a bad idea, and direct action is not a bad idea, my porblem was with the way [name withheld for security reasons] came across, and no in this instance TV3 didn`t need to edit it to make him look stupid. He had his hand over the camera lens while he giggled his way through a brief sentance about closing down the airport, it just looked really lame and insincere and it seemed like the only reason he was there was for a bit of a laugh. I don`t know [name withheld for security reasons], but I do know while I watched the news, I was thinking this guy is a dickhead.
I guess .. Was the airport actually shut down for the day ? If so , id say it would be hard to surpress a bit of a smile ...

Have to say I just watched RTE Nuacht and the coverage was a million times better, the aforementioned masked crusader and colleagues came across an awful lot better than they did on TV3, so maybe I was a little hasty earlier saying it had nowt to do with editing. maybe.

I was looking at it on Sky news but it was all edited to look stupid. They had cgi dinosaurs running around in the backround and all. Plus they also cgi'd a protester being kissed by police. Fuck the media lies!

It was a TV3 crew that filmed it. The guy didnt get his interview with anyone from the bb, and the cameraman was involved in a few scuffles from putting his lense in peoples faces. Not surprised RTE (who simply borrowed the footage) were more sympathetic.

didnt have my hand over the camera, didnt giggle, dont generally sound posh.

Apparently I was on tv3 at some point.

Problematic, they gut you're talking isn't, eh, the guy your taliking about, heh. You should get your facts straight. Anyway, the guy that was pushing the camera wasn't giggling his way through anything, he was yelling at the camera man to stop filming him, which a lot of us were doing - which was why a lot of the reports suggested that we didn't know why we were there, etc.

Weeler, I don`t know the guy I was talking about, I just know somebody in the first or second post named the guy I was talking about as the guy I was talking about (a little bit of Rumsfeldesque). Somebody from the BB was speaking on TV3 news with his hand over the camera talking posh and giggling. The guy who pushed the camera on RTE and told em to fuck off was not the same person speaking on TV3.

Blackened... Your new name is "mad G*".. we all saw you loafing those riot shields - you rapih mentalist..

Best weekend ever.

Problematic said:
The guy who pushed the camera on RTE and told em to fuck off was not the same person speaking on TV3.
The news reports from both the 6 and 9 o'clock news (the same report on each but with different presenters) yesterday are available on the RTE website, I don't see that bit on either of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back