For Israel (1 Viewer)

these afore mentioned t-shirts, what exactly was written on them? Were they in arabic or anything? Were they along the lines of the shin fein/ira undefeated army stuff or what?
Im actually more curious than anything. Although I think theres possibly more constructive ways of helping the palestinians than just wearing a t-shirt if you feel that strongly about it. Not saying that you dont do that also.

JANER said:
U have not read my replies properly now have you?

And lets be honest they couldn't be any worse then Fatah who were completely corrupt.

The more u go on about me and fundamentalists the more I wonder your true motives/beliefs are !ironyyy

mazzyianne said:
There's your problem right there.:D

And Janer, seriously, how is pointing out that supporting palastinian people and supporting hamas are two different things 'childish'?

There are plenty of groups in Palastine you could support if you wanted to show your solidarity with Palastine, like anarchists against the wall (many of whom are Israeli) without wearing the t-shirt of a repressive governmental party.
I support any Palestinian group that fights back against the IDF and that includes Hamas......... People voted them in and you have to respect democracy, if thats what they want then thats what they er want ;]

JohnnyRaz said:
"hamas-great bunch of lads"

but as janer said, they were democratically elected, so like ian paisley the're obviously saying what someone wants to hear
Hamas won a landslide victory with an overwhelming majority, the DUP won a majority of Unionist votes but not TOTAL votes cast but ya I get ya drift.

No one also gives credit for the year long ceasefire they have adhered too either in front of massive IDF provocation and murders.

hamas do some good shit on the ground for the palestinians.

that doesn't stop lots of them being murderous assholes.

JANER said:
Same could be said about the IDF.
Like every conflict the same issues come up who is right who is not bla bla

hmm.jpg

JANER said:
Same could be said about the IDF.
Like every conflict the same issues come up who is right who is not bla bla
Argh, I want to just let this drop but it's really fucked.

You might agree with one thing they want, palastinian seperatism, but you cant just go, ah well, you have to take the good with the bad, and blindly support these fuckwits.
As far as I'm concerned wearing a t-shirt of a group is a really strong statement of support.

Hate to bring this example but... you like animals, Hitler was a veggie, he probably would have brought it lots of laws preventling animal cruelty, you wouldn't let that overide all his other fucked up ideas though would you?

And saying they were democratically elected means nothing, look at the fucked up situation there, look at the alternatives...

mazzyianne said:
And saying they were democratically elected means nothing, look at the fucked up situation there, look at the alternatives...

Depends what you mean by democracy. If democracy is blindly following the will of the majority, then yeah, hamas have every right to be where they are. However, if their policies infringe on certain fundamental rights (such as the rights of over half of the Palestinian population, as well as minority groups such as Christians etc) then no, their election means little.

The question of alternatives, or rather the lack of, perhaps explains why Hamas won such an overwhelming majority. The previous lot were a corrupt bunch of bastards, and as well as many many other factors, Hamas coasted home. Now we have two extremists in power, perhaps something will be done. But I doubt it...

mazzyianne said:
You might agree with one thing they want, palastinian seperatism, but you cant just go, ah well, you have to take the good with the bad, and blindly support these fuckwits.
I don't blindly support them as I said b4 but I do when they fight back the Israeli aggressors.

mazzyianne said:
As far as I'm concerned wearing a t-shirt of a group is a really strong statement of support.
It is......against Israel and the t-shirt in question had an armalite and an rpg so people knew that it would not have being against these women rights/policies etc

mazzyianne said:
Hate to bring this example but... you like animals, Hitler was a veggie, he probably would have brought it lots of laws preventling animal cruelty, you wouldn't let that overide all his other fucked up ideas though would you?
Mmmm this could be any subject but why do people always drag that old chestnut out of the fire? "Hitler bla bla" :rolleyes:

mazzyianne said:
saying they were democratically elected means nothing, look at the fucked up situation there, look at the alternatives...
Well as it was pointed out to you by Skellrep the Fatah movement were completely corrupt and also Hamas do alot of good work on the ground like Sinn Fein does here and in the North.
It's no coincidence is it that Hamas win a landslide victory and Sinn Fein have become the biggest nationalist party in the North and have their biggest amount of dail seats here in ages.

Do you think Hmas b4 their present 14 month ceasefire wanted to or liked bombing civilain targets? They would much rather have a level playing field but with US total 100% backing ofr Israel in money/weapons/UN Vetos the Palestinians don't stand a chance.
Would you even know what drives these suicide Palestinians to give up their life for this and no it's not just the old to get into heaven as a martyr, suicide bombers have included lecturers, doctors etc etc all educated people, even I would not be able to fully understand the plight of these people.

TBH thats the way it is at the moment, Israel has a stranglehold on everything in the occupied lands from taxes owed to them and air travel/land travel , absoltely everything.

I think so too,
Way to avoid the questions janer, I pointed out originally the old hitler thing, why then use it to dodge answering?

I give up.
You dont seem to understand I'm not defending the occupation of Palastine, I'm asking why the fuck you would wear a hamas t-shirt.
"Democratically elected" is not a good enough excuse to support an oppressive murderous regime as far as I'm concerned. Neither is "well I agree with one of their objectives"

sigh... *gives up*...

mazzyianne said:
I think so too,
Way to avoid the questions janer, I pointed out originally the old hitler thing, why then use it to dodge answering?

I give up.
You dont seem to understand I'm not defending the occupation of Palastine, I'm asking why the fuck you would wear a hamas t-shirt.
"Democratically elected" is not a good enough excuse to support an oppressive murderous regime as far as I'm concerned. Neither is "well I agree with one of their objectives"

sigh... *gives up*...
I avoided the question?
I made it perfectly straight forward and I for the 76th fucking time wear a Hamas T-shirt to show support for a group brave enough to fight for their lands against an overwhelmingly superior enemy.
and to me they are not a "oppressive murderous regime" but a legit militia figthing back.
Now while we are on it how can you call them "murderous" when u condone abortion? That is murder in my eyes.

JohnnyRaz said:
Ah thats grand so.
I thought it might have been something offensive
Offensive is the daily incursions into the occupied Palestinian lands by the IDf with their American purchased weaponary.
Sinve this intifada began in 2000 there has being a 4 to 1 ratio of deaths....guess who the 4 are? !ironyyy

JANER said:
Offensive is the daily incursions into the occupied Palestinian lands by the IDf with their American purchased weaponary.

That business of leaping on a word to:

a) avoid responding to issues raised
b) introduce barely relevant statistics

should be universally recognised as legitimate grounds for eye-stabbing.

Anyhoo, now that you've moved from equating Palestine with Hamas to equating abortion with terrorism, I think we can all agree that reason has truly left the building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back