Foggy Notions presents Camera Obscura, Andrew's Lane Theatre, April 30 (1 Viewer)

Urchin PR

Website
www.myspace.com
Foggy Notions presents

Camera Obscura

+ Attic Lights

Andrew’s Lane Theatre, April 30, Doors 8pm
Tickets €18 plus booking fee from WAV/Road/City Discs/Ticketmaster/tickets.ie

“You might not find heartache as enchanting as this anywhere else.” – All Music Guide

“Wispy-voiced, Phil Spector-informed pop.” – Pitchfork

Camera Obscura announce a new single, the forthcoming album release of My Maudlin Career, and a worldwide tour.

With John Peel as an early champion, Glasgow’s Camera Obscura are fondly regarded by many as one of the UK’s finest acts; having built up over the years a dedicated following with must-have records and tours throughout Europe, USA, Mexico, Australia and South East Asia.

Their 2006 album Let’s Get out of the Country was to prove pivotal for the band, taking them out of the shadows and to long-deserved new heights.

Nearly three years on from that release and Camera Obscura are ready to release the follow-up, My Maudlin Career; their first for their new label 4AD, and fourth overall. After his successful touches on their last record, they returned to Sweden to work again with Swedish producer Jari Haapalainen (Ed Harcourt, Peter, Bjorn & John, The Concretes). His wonderful understanding with the band continues to flourish, again fully realizing not just the potential of Tracyanne Campbell’s songs and remarkable voice, but also the ensemble musicianship of the group as a whole.

Speaking for the first time about My Maudlin Career, Tracyanne commented:

“Some people who have heard it say its intense and quite dark. I suppose it is in a way. We were even more open and brave when making it than we were with the last record. I’ve never been so brutal when its come to writing lyrics. I wouldn’t even call them lyrics. Just documentation of what was going on with me for a while. I truly believe it’s the best we’ve done so far.”

New single “French Navy” can be heard on the band’s website and MySpace page. It is also being gifted as a free download for those who sign up to the band’s new mailing list.

My Maudlin Career is out April 20 on 4AD

- The band are grateful to the Scottish Arts Council for their funding on this album.

www.camera-obscura.net

Attic Lights

“One of the finest guitar pop albums this year.” – Artrocker
“Four stars” - Uncut

Glasgow’s Attic Lights will be opening for Camera Obscura on their UK/Irish tour. Camera Obscura have previously remixed two of the band’s singles. Their debut Friday Night Lights was released to critical acclaim on Island Records last year.

www.atticlights.co.uk

Anyone know if there's still tickets for this? tickets.ie keeps getting blocked on me so I cant check.

Did anyone go and/or enjoy this?

I hate Andrew's Lane to be honest, but they were pretty awesome on the night. I love Camera Obscura a lot though so objectivity isn't my forte. It was a bit overcrowded though, thankfully some nice tall boys let me stand in front of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back