Fish Pie (1 Viewer)

Diddles

I made my first fish pie yesterday.

Well, actually it was my second. The first one I based on my mother's version of fish pie, which I'm sure involved tinned salmon and boiled eggs. I may have been wrong.

I used smoked coley and haddock but it could have done with anther fish perhaps. The recipe said prawns but I don't like them.

Any other fish I could throw in?

i'm hungry too :(

whenever i start to make fish pie i just end up making a fish-spud stew. i cook the fish in milk with dill and black pepper, and make a big pot of mashed spud, then instead of making a pie just mix em. feckin lovely tis.

I made my first fish pie yesterday.

Well, actually it was my second. The first one I based on my mother's version of fish pie, which I'm sure involved tinned salmon and boiled eggs. I may have been wrong.

I used smoked coley and haddock but it could have done with anther fish perhaps. The recipe said prawns but I don't like them.

Any other fish I could throw in?
Mussels. Or anything really. A combimation of smoked and unsmoked would go well. What about a little bit of salmon? Kippers work.

cod, haddock?
Thing is, coley, cod and haddock are all pretty similiar. Contrast would be cool.

Why not? Just don't like 'em? I've always wanted to make fish pie, do you cook the fish first or do you put the mashed spud on the raw fish and let it all cook in the oven?

No, I love them alive. They are amongst my favourite creatures so I couldn't be party to killing them. I try not to think too much about eating the other fish as I'm quite fond of them too.

Apparently you don't have to cook the fish before putting it in the sauce, but poaching the smoked fish in milk makes it taste smokier. I poached all the fish in milk for the just in case though.

Here is the recipe I did use (I didn't put tomatos or prawns in it). Straightforward enough but it's a slight pain scraping the skin off the haddock and flaking it .

http://www.flip.ie/members/food/receipe.asp?foodId=36

"like warm fish pie..."

239117%7EJason-Biggs-Posters.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back