finally boss makes a pedal worth getting. (1 Viewer)

boss pedals are great, but now that i think about it, the ones that i actually use (blues driver, overdrive, tremelo) have been modded and it has improved their sound greatly to my ears.

dudley has gone through 3 DS-1s in the time i've played with the corpo. i had an old boss heavey metal pedal that died. they aint bullet proof.

um... Boss TU-2 tuner is pretty essential.

DD-6 delay is pretty good too... as is the bass distortion pedal.

j mascis & kevin shields interview w/ guitar world, circa 1993

GW: Do you use a lot of pedals?

JMascis: No; just a Big Muff and a custom-made Roger Mayer wah. It's really hard for me to play with things like Boss pedals. Brutal.

KevinShields: Older distortion pedals that work on circuit boards seem to be better than the ones that use chips, like the modern Japanese(boss) distortion pedals. So I also go thorugh some older-style distortion pedals that Roger Mayer made for me.

JMascis: Live, I've been using Roger's wah to, like, kill people: step on it and watch people fall down. You always see people out in the audience sort of squinting.

um... Boss TU-2 tuner is pretty essential.

DD-6 delay is pretty good too... as is the bass distortion pedal.

No true bypass, not that that's essential but the Korg DT-10 and Pitch black tuners kick the TU-2's arse and the pitch black is 20 quid cheaper. Not a fan of the bass distortion at all, my mxr kicks the shit out of it. Supposedly the bass idst is great for pushing tube amps but I wouldn't know.

DD 6 is nice as is the Flanger.

is it jst me or are boss digital delay pedals crappy ive got a newish one,where ye can set the tempo by tapping the pedal, im looking for a good echo pedal any suggestions?

the eh #1 echo sounds great and its cheap. its pretty basioc though. for analogue delay, i recently for the mxr carbon copy which is fantastic. the hew digitech hardwire delay has been getting really great reviews too. for the money it looks better then the DD-6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back