Feminist Walking Tour March 8th (2 Viewers)

wikipedia said:
On May 8, 1965 by the decree of the USSR Presidium of the Supreme Soviet International Women's Day was declared as a non working day in the USSR "in commemoration of outstanding merits of the Soviet women in communistic construction, in the defense of their Motherland during the Great Patriotic War, their heroism and selflessness at the front and in rear, and also marking the big contribution of women to strengthening friendship between peoples and struggle for the peace."

Tee hee hee...

The ad on the right

imgad

the choice will come down to the mother staying at home because she's likely to be earning less
Way too simplistic dude. Lots of the mothers from my circle of friends went part-time or stopped working after having kids, and none of the couples chose who was going to stay at home based on money. Here's some other possible reasons for the Mam to stay at home rather than the Dad:
- she wants to stay home more than he does (even if she earns more and likes her job more than he does, like in mine and Mrs. egg's case)
- easier for her to get consent from an employer to go part time than it is for him
- men don't have boobs

If she's planning to breastfeed longterm, the last one is the real clincher

ahem. sorry bout that. (sorry she squealed - when i get my hands on her...)

got 200 badges into my mailbox today woop woop!

i'm secretly proud.

and openly excited about wearing a few of the badges. possibly to hold my eyelids open, woop woop.

google map with the tour stop and other sites listed in the booklet marked. tour in red, active agencies etc in yellow, other sites in blue.

if anyone spots any big mistakes (i typed 'women' as 'widbed;;' earlier, so...), gimme a shout, but it's a record of the tour right now and we realise it doesn't cover everything ever, etc.

christ, even the map on its own is mad interesting. well done folks!

it was even more so when someone had accidentally marked the IFPA cathal brugha street in...clonmel.

anyway, (unapologetic) colour - click on 'all sizes' and 'original' to feel like you're THERE - as one last shot at luring ye all into getting a copy of the infotastic booklet:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back