Feeding pedals back into themselves: Is it safe? (1 Viewer)

mackle

Right heres the thing. Lately I have been having fun by taking myself and feeding them back into themselves on my amp. I am using a Marshall fifteen watt. I use the line out/cd input thing on it as the second input.

Now all I wanna know is it gonna blow my amp?

Good cause the amp cost me quite a bit and sounds great with guitar so I didnt wanna fuck it up.

I doubt it.
Which pedals?
I do it all the time on a desk and studio monitors and have never blown anything.

aoboa said:
I doubt it.
Which pedals?
I do it all the time on a desk and studio monitors and have never blown anything.

my new favourite thing is to feed an aux send back into the a channel on my desk and then send that all to the same aux (make sense?), one big feedback loop... sounds like something from Venus vommiting up a kitten

start sweeping the EQ and throw a delay pedal and it's utterly sick in a BBC radiophonic manner.

I use a Danelectro Black Coffe Distortion, A Boss Autowah and a Boss DD-3

Pantone247 said:
my new favourite thing is to feed an aux send back into the a channel on my desk and then send that all to the same aux (make sense?), one big feedback loop... sounds like something from Venus vommiting up a kitten

start sweeping the EQ and throw a delay pedal and it's utterly sick in a BBC radiophonic manner.

Yeah, you can change the pitch if your aux is post-fade by simply moving the fader.
Can't remember (and can't be arsed googling) but there is a japanese guy who makes music this way. Played in the project a couple of years back.

Ciaran Mackle said:
I use a Danelectro Black Coffe Distortion, A Boss Autowah and a Boss DD-3

Feeding back the DD3 causes a huge increase in volume so be careful. I use one myself but I always run a compressor across it.

aoboa said:
Yeah, you can change the pitch if your aux is post-fade by simply moving the fader.
Can't remember (and can't be arsed googling) but there is a japanese guy who makes music this way. Played in the project a couple of years back.

mucking aboout with pre-amp sends it crazy too

yeah it's all part of that japanese "no input" noise craze...madness... I've tracked some stuff under songs to make odd theramin like effects, but I don't know how far you could really push it as it's own genre...

speaking of pedals, Mike Stevens has one of these

boss-dm3-041030.jpg

and it is the most unpredictable monster of a delay pedal ever, simply looking at it starts it self oscialting

i'm pretty sure that bullshit isn't limited to japan
i saw a mid yellow (korean maybe?) do it in lazybird a while back
and a billion other dudes

andrew

Pantone247 said:
nope, you're wrong, it's totally limited to Japan, they're really protective of it too

if they found out I was mucking about with it at home it'd be like Pearl Harbour comes to South Circular Road

I was playing a gig with a borrowed:)o ) little amp last year. I ran a lead from the line-out of the amp thru a delay, a wah and a zoom rfx2000 multifx thing and then into the input of the amp, with all gains and volumes on everything that had them turned up to max and I blew the amp..|..|

Miss Piggy said:
I was playing a gig with a borrowed:)o ) little amp last year. I ran a lead from the line-out of the amp thru a delay, a wah and a zoom rfx2000 multifx thing and then into the input of the amp, with all gains and volumes on everything that had them turned up to max and I blew the amp..|..|

there's a poor belgian girl who'll never forgive you for that...shame!:rolleyes:

MONDOBRUTALE said:
i'm pretty sure that bullshit isn't limited to japan
i saw a mid yellow (korean maybe?) do it in lazybird a while back
and a billion other dudes

andrew

That might have been Goh Lee Kwang from Malaysia.... he was very cool ... saw him at the galway arts centre with the murmansk/ubs crew

aoboa said:

think that was toshimaru nakamura...he played in the bridge gallery.....beautiful no input mixed delayed ping stuff:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back