Favourite compilation (1 Viewer)

yeah, I think it is indeed somebody from YES or some old prog rock band..Chris Black played it to me and Una a couple years back and we were in stitches throughout..but "wuthering heights"...jesus, i thought I was gonna puke i laughed so much.. "I LOVED YEEEEEW!!"...amazing..

where did you get it? been looking for a copy for years

unfortunatly I dont have it anymore the person I "aquired" it from "acquired" it back. must get a copy off her though, ill pass ya on one if I can get it !

v/a - girls & boys - helge's (1987).
difficult to describe.

http://rapidshare.com/files/31630335/Helges.rar.html

"Sweden has always been a country where the state/commune/city is striving to engage youth in various social and cultural activities (Keeps them from munchin' drugs and fucking things up in general). One way to achive this has been to create these "recreational cafés" where kids from ca. 10-16 can meet, just hang around or take part in various study circles (founded by the city or various educational institutions). These cafés often have musical activities - rehearsal rooms, instrument courses and gigs, available for youth up to about 20. Every now and them they also decide to release a record of all the bands rehearsing there. In about 95% of the times, these albums turn out totally mediocre and boring beacause the adult in charge is a complete ASSHOLE who can't keep his dirty, pretentios fingers away from the kid's highly creative process. Usually they contaminate the production and songwriting with their own conservative musical ideals, picks out their own favourite bands/material and generally destroys any possibility of coolnes. (The '92 follow-up CD to this album is the perfect example)
"Girls & Boys" is the Golden exception, made by the people of the place "Helge's" in the town of Gävle, Sweden in the mid 80's. Not only are the musicians exeptionally young (ca. 10-15), they have also been alowed to really create their own sound without too much fiddling from some "activity-leader" clown. Note: this album could more or less be considered a one-sided affair, since it's only the A-side that carries these really wild, young, mindblowing bands. The B-side is mostly just upper-teen, mediocre hard rock, perhaps with the exception of OZARK's "fight for your rights" , which carries some serious turkey-qualitys. Hilariously crappy!"

mixmusic.jpg
'mix music'
secretmetal.jpg
'secret metal'

Best compilation ever was the tape Rob Levinge made me when I was about 18 and into youthcrew/tough hardcore & melodic hardcore/pop-punk...it was all shit like Dropdead, Life's Halt, Spazz, His Hero Is Gone, DS-13, Crossed Out, Infest, What Happens Next?, Man Is The Bastard, No Reply, Charles Bronson, Los Crudos, and loads of other amazing shit. Literally changed my life. I then bought the first Dropdead LP, the Los Crudos "Primeros Griches" LP, and WHN? "Stand Fast..." LP and it all went from there...and the tape eventually broke a few years ago cos I listened to it so many times...

yeah, I think it is indeed somebody from YES or some old prog rock band..Chris Black played it to me and Una a couple years back and we were in stitches throughout..but "wuthering heights"...jesus, i thought I was gonna puke i laughed so much.. "I LOVED YEEEEEW!!"...amazing..

where did you get it? been looking for a copy for years

Yeah...it's Morgan Fisher, founder of Cherry red records who plays and produces all the songs on the Hybrid Kids LP - I think it was a dig at all the major labels who jumped on the post-punk / nu-wave bandwagon with hastily conceived "alternative acts". Jah Wurzle is the funniest, but the Righteous Brothers cover version is seriously harrowing stuff. Listen to it on copious amounts of drugs for the full effect.

Yeah...it's Morgan Fisher, founder of Cherry red records who plays and produces all the songs on the Hybrid Kids LP - I think it was a dig at all the major labels who jumped on the post-punk / nu-wave bandwagon with hastily conceived "alternative acts". Jah Wurzle is the funniest, but the Righteous Brothers cover version is seriously harrowing stuff. Listen to it on copious amounts of drugs for the full effect.

heh... "let me in yore windoww.... My only marstar"
the first time i heard it i nearly broke my face from the hilarity

It's pretty obvious who the old guys are from this thread.

yeah, YOU.

hope you and your zimmer frame and keeping well!

ps. did you check out all the wnyu downloads mentioned on the true meaning site? i'm just after downloading the Nausea one. downloaded the citizens arrest one last night and a couple of interviews - listened to them on the way to work this morning.

My zimmer's running great.
I only occasionally check true meaning,I'm not that into that board.

there's good and bad on it, like all boards. what don't you like about it?
what's your fave boards?
i like profane existence, xcatalystx and thunder lizard. b9 is good, if you can't visit dublin zoo on a regular basis.

there's good and bad on it, like all boards. what don't you like about it?
what's your fave boards?
i like profane existence, xcatalystx and thunder lizard. b9 is good, if you can't visit dublin zoo on a regular basis.

Dunno if I could pinpoint what it is about it. Probably just not into a lot of the stuff the talk about. Can't stand B9,and I don't know the others you mention. Most tend to repeat themselves anyway.
I use eirecore because I know people on it. Metalireland(same as eirecore,although I wouldn't go near otherwise),I sometimes look at true meaning and collective and use witbawdtsl the most.

like i said, B9 resembles a zoo.
I'm sure Cormy would recommend Profane Existence.
Connor may recommend xcatalystX
Thunder Lizard is for youthcrew inspired h/c freaks like me.

Dunno, the True Meaning is probably just too British man. A lot of boring crap like talking about football, soccer, not good stuff like GAA stuff. Eating burgers and stuff. And nerdy stuff about records that young people study over the internet, but at my age you only remember bits and pieces and keep getting corrected about some pressing or other.

Just the fact that they even tried it. fuck that. Had it been donation's or something I wouldn't have been bothered.

Profane's a really good board, you don't have to pay. It seems from visiting other boards that a lot of the people on that have a very wide & open minded taste in music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back