fallout fest advice needed asap (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
the venue for the fallout fest in gorey is well on for having us this year but when i was talking to them today they want to know dates asap.

we are looking for opinions on whats feasible in terms of having a great time while keeping things mangeable and not fucking it up for further years.

the possibilities are ....

a one day event - a saturday in late august
a two day event - the warzone weekend probably - n.ire bamnk holiday sat and sun
two one day events.- saturday in mid august, first saturaday in september like last year.

from thinking about it a two day event in a proper venue looks like it could fall apart on the second morning when things can get very messy, everyone is fucked etc especially as this venue is a couple of miles from town and theres not a lot else to do but get hammered there - ie mucho open can drinking, nudity, shoving buckfast bottles up yer arse etc which may lose us the venue

this isnt our field or the warzone etc

the other alternative is two one day events but maybe the novelty would wear off for the second one??

so serious suggestions and comments pleased based on what could run smoothly rather than what we might all like to see happen in an ideal world

which of the above is most likely to go well.

I'd say do a one day thing just to save on hassle -you're a fuckin hero for doing this and the GGI. A 2-day thing reeks of burnout, do whatever you can get away with while still making it enjoyable for yourself & not too much work but still worth heading down for.

Hey dudes...

I'm sorry to say I missed the fallout fest last year (harsh loss of punk points), but was it a two-dayer?

I think one day would be happily sufficient - especially if we could all camp and congregate someplace after (cause god knows we ain't all gettin' that last bus to dublin!).

Is there a plan?

well gorey is a lot nearer dublin and there are a lot more buses back to dublin on a sunday,

a bus at 1745 coming from wexford, a bus coming at 1745 from new ross, 1750 gorey to dublin, 1955 and 21.45 coming from wexford to dublin. and theres a train at 1937 to dublin also

so it would be possible to have the bands in the venue with camping on a saturday with bonfires in metal barrels after and camping

then go to courtown beach for a punks picnic on the sunday, theres a picnic field there with space for football, chess competition, etc and its right by the beach so punks in trunks would be in order.

have fun for the afternoon and then get last bus home or something. we had a punks picnic there back in the day so its an ideal spot, we got away with camping then even though the cops came but its less likely these days id say so last bus is probably safer option

this option has a lot goign for it :
we only have to deal with the venue for one day /night (they were really cool last year by the way) people who want to keep goign have a punks picnic to go to and if the weathers shitty peoepl have the option to head for home instead handily enough and theres only sorting out the competitions to do on sunday so no one really has to work

and the picnic will be all ages and very child friendly at the beach so people wanting to bring kids could come for the picnic.

courtown has bumpers - a punk bumper war would be worth the journey alone.

possibel bad thing about this option:
there may be a no drink by law in courtown though??? migth be no harm with swimming anywya???

this is a shit load easier to organsie than the ggi, no building a venue, generators etc, theres a chipper inside the venue so no food, doing the door is just like at a gig and they dont ask for bouncers , a few of us just wear "Firm But Friendly Security" t shirts and the work is being shared with thrash the gaff peopel in kilkenny again who i did it with last year and theres no need for secrecy about the venue outside of wexford.

the venue toilets are open all day so we just need portaloos for the night time.

the venue can take a few hundred so it can be cash on the door etc.

anyway thats a half a plan maybe - easier than two days in the venue

warzone weekend 28, 29 august was the weekend we were discussing with the kilkenny ttg people - end of the summer buzz, a traditional gathering weekend cause of the warzone and peoepl are usually back from thier travels by then.

any more ideas? any objections to the warzone weekend?

I think one day in August would be enough. I reckon you'd need a good few bands to get a good crowd from all around the country. What time would it start/finish at and how many bands did you have inmind?

well from what i know the summer hours in a pub are last orders 12.30 and half an hour drinking up time.

we can get a bar extension which extends last orders til 1.30 drinking up time til 2.00 but this costs a bit. its probably worth it htough as it gives a bit of cover if its wet out.

last years model was one foreign band and 5/ 6 irish bands of various types to give a mix rather than all full on crust or whatever. we are meeting on saturday to decide on bands etc but i think this model will be what we will go for , a name foreign group and a mix of irish.

so probably 6/7 bands from 6-1 a.m. or 7-2 a.m.

ill have a U.S punk rock/hardcore band over around about then...do you think if its on while they're here they could play? they wont be looking for loadsa money or anything like that just good times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back