Explosions In the Sky (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

just in case anybody missed out on this, Explosions In The Sky are touring at the start of feb, and if you havent heard them then go see them, theyre the most fucking unbelievable live band, seriously one of a kind.

I know they're definitely playing Cork, Limerick and Dublin, dunno bout Belfast.

This is in the first week of feb. In Cork they're playing in the Lobby and in Limerick (i think) the High Stool, but you'd have to check it out about where in dublin tho cos i havent heard anything about it. The support band is supposed to be pretty good too, theyre on Bella Union.

there playing in the hub, on feb4. speaking of tours.. whats happening with the benumb/ narcosis tour?? wern't they supposed to tour here in febuary????

My info:
The limerick gig is 5 euros - so that should give you a rough idea about prices.
They play instrumental music.
They`re meant to be v. good.

5 Euros in limerick? Its ten here in Cork cos we've that langer Bandicoot doing it.

everybody go and see them! theyre fuckin unreal!

well limerick wins all round then cos....

dublin is 13 euros or soemthing and pints will probably cost about 4.50

high stool is a 5iver and pints will be about 3.70.

cork is 10. and pints will be murphys.

i think explosions were 3 euro or somethign when they played limerick last.
they are and were deadly.

bikini atoll are the support band from bella union. on the lines of explosions but i think they use vocals.

rest also play in limerick with them.

ha, it was free when they played Cork!!! That was cos it was in the Pine Lodge tho (the best venue in the world). but i know as well as anybody that Limerick is the best place for gigs (especially when albert gives us his sweet vegan food when we play there... ahhh)

sweet vegan food? is that what he calls his love juice then?

this gig was really great.
was looking forward to seeing bikini atoll support so kinda crap they couldent make it,but the waiting room were alright.eits are real cool guys aswell,totally down to earth.

just saw explosions two nights in a row and i am convinced theyre the best live band in the world. Un fucking believable. and bloody nice fellas too

Alan Remorse said:
just saw explosions two nights in a row and i am convinced theyre the best live band in the world. Un fucking believable. and bloody nice fellas too
i liked it but it was all fairly predictable to anyone who happens to own a godspeed or mogwai record... but very nice guys.

B for the Spree said:
i liked it but it was all fairly predictable to anyone who happens to own a godspeed or mogwai record... but very nice guys.

i wouldent exactly say predictable.i like the way they get their sound with solely guitar,drums and bass wheras mogwai are useing alot of keys and vocals and godspeed strings and samples.
definetly similair but no way predictable.

wound said:
definetly similair but no way predictable.
except for the way that i could tell what they were going to do next, you mean?
they were good but i'm usually more excited by music that has the capacity to surprise me.

it's just my opinion.

cool enough. i really cant fault them though.

the fact that there songs are structured in a way that nothing gets repeated,as in they dont play a section,move away and then play it again(its just one long progression)means it isent always possible to know what their going to do next,but i do respect that their one of many bands doing this at the moment so in itself maybe the idea is dated.
anyway its just cool to know theyve got a good following now.
what was really annoying though,at the dublin gig anyway,was people talking really loudly during the quiet parts aswell as misplaced clapping during these quiet parts in the middle of songs.duh!?

wound said:
cool enough. i really cant fault them though.

what was really annoying though,at the dublin gig anyway,was people talking really loudly during the quiet parts aswell as misplaced clapping during these quiet parts in the middle of songs.duh!?

yeah, that was really fucking annoying, why would you bother going to see a band like that and talk through it...

but i spose clapping in the wrong places is better than no clapping at all...

Anyone pick up the Explosions record - "How Strange, Innocence"??
I missed them play (again) - so could`nt get a copy.
Anyone willing to sell a copy - or swap it for something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back