Ex-Napalm Death - Terrorizer/Nausea guitarist Jesse Pintado dead (1 Viewer)

Old one

Yet another one dies!!!

Ex-NAPALM DEATH Guitarist JESSE PINTADO Dies - Aug. 28, 2006

Guitarist Jesse Pintado (TERRORIZER, ex-NAPALM DEATH) died over the weekend in a hospital in Holland, Century Media Records has confirmed. A pioneer in our musical genre, Jesse and his influential sound will be sorely missed. BLABBERMOUTH.NET would like to offer our most sincere condolences to his family and friends. Century Media Records will make a further announcement later in the week.

In a recent interview with Rockdetector.com, Pintado spoke about his final days in NAPALM DEATH.

"The departure was basically due to a variety of reasons," he said. "We shared a house together, we toured together, we were always together, but people move on. Along the way there was a little rough bumps, though I don't know. In my situation it got to the point where I needed a little fresh start. I'm still good friends with the guys; there's no animosity there, we're all cool, and they're happy with what I'm doing."

Asked if the media twisted the situation in some ways since it was reported that the band stated he had personal problems and alcohol issues," Pintado replied, "Yeah, of course. The other day I was browsing the Internet, and they stated I was dead! I thought 'Oh shit, I'm dead!' I really don't pay much attention to that."

Pintado's final release was the long-awaited TERRORIZER reunion CD, entitled "Darker Days Ahead", which came out last week via Century Media Records.

very,very sad news.
Gutted.
First Piggy, now JP..terrible.

I realise the loss of the guy will mean fuck all to 99% of you,but if you're wondering what the deal is with him, check out "World Downfall" by Terrorizer, without which you wouldn't have had the likes of Assuck, Brutal Truth, Pig Destroyer,etc...

RIP.|..|

he played in nausea as well?

He played on the Majesty demo, who later reformed without Jesse as Nausea.

THE YOUNG GRINDERS' GUIDE TO TERRORIZER : Greetings Noisenheimers! Let's Begin! For the un-initiated, TERRORIZER was a Los Angeles/California wipeout-grindcore band that formed out of the ashes of MAJESTY. MAJESTY's name was a piss-take on MASTER's name! Co-incidentally, TERRORIZER is also the name of a MASTER song! MASTER fucking sucks though. Regardless...MAJESTY played fucking evil black metal. I have their demo (their only demo?) from 1985. I've heard that it was recorded in 1987...but two other people have told me 1985, so that year wins out. If that year is true...then this demo would even pre-date the MAYHEM LP! You can definately hear what was about to become the world's favorite grind-unit! I believe the line-up was Jesse Pintado and Oscar Garcia (both on guitars with Oscar singing) and some guy who's nickname was "Dr. Blastbeat" (this dude also pounded skins for NAUSEA)...though their are NO blasts on this demo. Even though it sounds rough (my copy is like 13th generation), it sounds like they actually made it into a decent studio to record it. Even though there are extremely similar riff-structures to TERRORIZER, the drums are really boring and sloppy as fuck. Total D-beat "tump-tump-tump-tump"...BORING!!! Only Sweden's SHITLICKERS can get away with that beat. Anyway, somehow Pete Sandoval entered the picture (along with bassisst Garvey) and TERRORIZER was born! To my knowledge, there was an early 1987 demo/reh (four to six songs) and a late 1987 demo (called "Nightmares"?)containing all the tracks that would be re-recorded for the LP. There is one song that didn't make it (called "Fallout") and some of the other "classic" tunes have guitar-solos in them! Tight as fuck with very few mistakes (they did creep in...like Oscar not knowing how to end his vocals, and Sandoval fucking-up some of his tom-rolls). Okay, at this time TERRORIZER was playing shows in their hometown of Huntington Park. Alot of shows they played at a youth center called "Hoover". I've talked to Bob, drummer of power-violence band LACK OF INTEREST and head-cheese at DEEP SIX records, and he told me that when he would go see shows at Hoover, TERRORIZER always got a bad sound because the kids thought they were too extreme! FUCKING PUSSYS!!! There exists two videos of some Hoover gigs with TERRORIZER...the visual is great but the sound sucks! At one point, TERRORIZER was supposed to do a mini-tour with RIGHTEOUS PIGS, WEHRMACHT (!!!), and CRYPTIC SLAUGHTER. But this obviously didn't happen as WEHRMACHT's van blew-up or some bullshit (if anyone remembers, WEHRMACHT had blast-beats too!!!). TERRORIZER members were in contact with Shane Embury and Micky-dickhead Harris of NAPALM DEATH (TERRORIZER is even thanked in the UNSEEN TERROR LP and NAPALM's "F.E.T.O." LP...as well as the FEAR OF GOD 7"!). All these guys from the old scene were intense pen-pals with bands that got to be huge (that's how Sandoval got traded to MORBID ANGEL as TERRORIZER always considered themselves a joke band <???> and MORBID ANGEL was "goin' places"!). The band broke up in late '87 early '88, so Oscar formed NAUSEA, which in it's first incarnation was pure side-B "Scum" worship!!! Total one-chord/two riff grind with MAJESTY's "Dr. Blastbeat" finally learning to play drums! Songs are even more politically intense with a few slooooooow (well, crust-speed) grinders. Titles like "World Downfall", "Starving Nations" and "The End" (killer song about nuclear apocalypse! catchy as hell!). Shane Embury worshipped old TERRORIZER so much that he brainwashed Dig (the guy who runs EARACHE) into putting out a posthumous TERRORIZER lp (he and Harris also used this tactic to get ALL of EARACHE's early bands a vinyl deal...seeing as they were already pen-pals with SPAZZTIC BLURR, OLD LADY DRIVERS (ex-REGURGITATION), MORBID ANGEL, and finally TERRORIZER!! (Dig wouldn't sign RIGHTEOUS PIGS as the PIG's lyrics were too sexist! FUCK YOU DIG!!!)! MORBID ANGEL was already working on their "Altars Of Madness" LP (the matrix of the "Altars Of Madness" vinyl has a message in it that reads "Look out for TERRORIZER") at MORRISOUND studios in Florida, and since Sandoval was an ex-member of TERRORIZER, he said fuck it and had Jesse and Oscar fly down to record in the same place. Original bass-player Garvey was in Jail, so David Vincent ended up filling in on bass (Jesse once remarked in an interview that Oscar had already forgotten half the songs...that's why no second guitar). The LP was recorded and mixed in 8 hours! Fucking unbelievable! So, the TERRORIZER connection ends here eh? NO WAY FUCKERS!!! NAUSEA was just about ready to raise it's ugly head again. After a change in style to an extremely skanky version of TERRORIZER, NAUSEA began "real" gigs in the L.A. area. They stole EXCRUCIATING TERROR's original bass player (some fat guy) and commanded a sold-out performance at the now dead "Water's Club" in San Pedro (this was in 1991...I had the pleasure of being there <only my 3rd gig at 17!> and they fucking destroyed! Huge death-swirl pit and all! ). There exists a shitload of NAUSEA material (side note: Bill Steer can be seen wearing a NAUSEA t-shirt on the inside of the "Symphonies..." vinyl!), the first being a real 2 song 7" put out on BAPHOMET records in 1990-91 by Enrique Chavez of SADISTIC INTENT. This shit kills! Total drone-grind riffs over skanks that will have you yelling "CUT THE SHIT AND START THE PIT!!!). Some more gigging (often with EXCRUCIATING TERROR) in the infamous "backyard scene" of L.A. and the asshole who runs WILD RAGS records offers the guys a deal (probably to capitalize on TERRORIZER's success). The LP is released in 1991 and is entitled "Crime Against Humanity". The LP is okay...the production really blows and I can't stand "Dr. Blastbeat's" snare sound...TOO HOLLOW!!! Last release is the "Tumor" 1992 demo which was supposed to be a 10" mini-LP. It features guest vocals on two songs by Victor of EXCRUCIATING TERROR. SHOCKING CHANGE IN STYLE!!! They have now gone from drony-grind to pure industrial like "Streetcleaner" era GODFLESH. I'm not going to lie to you...THIS SHIT KILLS!!! This isn't like NAPALM DEATH pulling a "Harmony Corruption"...this is some really killer shit!!! I guess Oscar and the boy's called it quits after that. There exists a Japanese bootleg 7" with way different versions of sonx from the first TERRORIZER demo. This was out in '92 I think. Next up is a boot-LP of the 2nd TERRORIZER demo and first NAUSEA demo. SOUND QUALITY ON BOTH IS PRETTY GOOD (for bootlegs)! There is also a 1990 TERRORIZER rehearsal (just for fun) with the "World Downfall" line-up where they perform TWO NEW SONGS that sound dead-on to EXTREME NOISE TERROR. I think even Mick Harris is screaming in the background. The boys even do old TERRORIZER sonx with Oscar screaming like a raped-hag on half of them. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED? There was actually going to be a 2nd full-length LP, but Sandoval's "contract" wouldn't allow it! CORPORATE FUCKERS. Well, that's all the info I know. I might have fucked-up some parts as I'm going by memory and ancient 'zine articles. I have most of this stuff plus a 1991 NAUSEA gig with PHOBIA and DETHSHIT on video. THEY EVEN COVER THEIR "OLD" BAND!!!

RIP .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back