Ever thought about opening your own business? (1 Viewer)

open a shop that sells deadly clothes and deadly shoes and deadly bags, in all colours and styles and price ranges. I'd shop there!
Super Dexta said:
open a shop that sells all pink. i'd shop there.

Point 1. you could do a range from cheaply priced stuff costing next to nothing..right the way to the more expennsive items..(lots of shops do this)
Point 2. Lot's of wholesalers will do black or at least one range of black. No problems getting the stuff scources on the web I would imagine..all those clothing wholesalers in India and asia? no worries about passing expense to customers there..would it be ethical..prolly not with all the little kids fingers getting trapped in the machines... :( but we are millionbillion buddies now so we dont care. I'd invest in swimming pools after that. Everyone needs a pool.

kirstie said:
I am merely pointing out to you that there may be existing reasons why there are not currently any black-only clothes shops.

How about a clothes shop where all the clothes are white BUT there is a dazzlingly vast range of (eco-friendly) textile dyes for you to choose from and do the dying yourself.

obviously only for monocolour lines.

_1092698_bald_150.jpg

no - point one was to do with it not being very much FUN. There is a fun element to shopping for women which you don't seem to have appreciated.

point 2 - I am not convinced. You could get boring basics like Dunnes do. Boring boring black tops in cotton-lycra mix. Boring black trousers. I bet Dunnes would still do them cheaper.

Latex lizzie said:
Point 1. you could do a range from cheaply priced stuff costing next to nothing..right the way to the more expennsive items..(lots of shops do this)
Point 2. Lot's of wholesalers will do black or at least one range of black. No problems getting the stuff scources on the web I would imagine..all those clothing wholesalers in India and asia? no worries about passing expense to customers there..would it be ethical..prolly not with all the little kids fingers getting trapped in the machines... :( but we are millionbillion buddies now so we dont care. I'd invest in swimming pools after that. Everyone needs a pool.

kirstie said:
open a shop that sells deadly clothes and deadly shoes and deadly bags, in all colours and styles and price ranges. I'd shop there!

How about clothes of all colours, only they're flame-proof?

PS: Lizzie, consider yourself the newly appointed junior PR executive.

PPS: How about we call the shop 'Is it coz I is black?'

kirstie said:
no - point one was to do with it not being very much FUN. There is a fun element to shopping for women which you don't seem to have appreciated.

Here, I'm not suggesting that women would go in to town, visit one blck clothes shop and go home, merely that they would visit it as one among the fifty shops they go into that day. Not so unreasonable eh?

good idea. That's bound to appeal to your target audience of burglars, hit men and hairdressers.

hahahahah!

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:

....HHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhha.

FUN. kirstie fun and me are so mates. Just doesn't involve shopping.You win.

Cry.

Ro I quit.

It was tough at the top. I'm going off to sell yougurt someplace.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:

there is an 'urban' clothes shop in Cardiff called "Fix up, Look Sharp"

ye know like Dizzey Rascal. the hilarity.

Rothko, that's fucking hilarious

I think Ro's idea might well work. I don't see why sourcing exclusively black clothes would be any more expensive than sourcing multicoloured stuff, you still have to do the sourcing. And not all women like to shop, Kirstie - a big share of a niche market can be as lucrative as a small share of a large market

I already run my own business (well, kinda - I'm a freelancer). If I was to run another I'd like to be a rock star, please

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
I'm selling office space if you need it. Suitable for retail? Lots of space for hanging clothes?

Dont worry you can come work for me. I need someone to scrape the rust of my gate and to pull ragworth from my garden. I pay in jam sandwiches.

Shittu said:
Dont worry you can come work for me. I need someone to scrape the rust of my gate and to pull ragworth from my garden. I pay in jam sandwiches.

Throw in a work/life balance day and you've got a deal.

what IS a work / life balance day in anyways? I thought that was called 'the weekend'?

No?

Shittu said:
16 hour shift = half a jam sandwich (sundays-full sandwich). I also need you to neuter my pitbull.

<freelance>i'll do it for 3/8 of a jam sandwich. I'll have to do 2 shift loops. I'll do 18hrs on the second day and I'll take every third off. I'll outsource the neutering and cushion the cost myself</freelance>

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back