Ever thought about opening your own business? (3 Viewers)

Latex lizzie said:
What would you like to do/sell?

apart from good vibes I am thinking about producing a product I designed for my degree a few years back.

It's something to with kids and education.

broken arm said:
apart from good vibes I am thinking about producing a product I designed for my degree a few years back.

It's something to with kids and education.

a skool?

i tried opening my own business once, it didn't work out.
anyone who cares: don't try to make and sell t-shirts. it doesn't work.
always had dye for my hair though... :rolleyes:

I'd sell violence. It'd be worth it too. just give me 6 to 8 weeks to redeem the mileage.

I'll wide the question to do any of you guys run your own buisness now? and what pitfalls would you look out for that might not seem obvious?
(original question stands too though?)

cassette/tape said:

not quite. used within and without a school though.

Basically, teaching the kids about the environment and shit.

in an action-orientated and hands-on way.

THATS IT, I've said enough..........................................

Latex lizzie said:
I'll wide the question to do any of you guys run your own buisness now? and what pitfalls would you look out for that might not seem obvious?
(original question stands too though?)

well the obvious things are.

registration

sorting out your tax

either getting an accountant or taking some lessons in proper book keeping.

The most important thing for me was watching people who don't pay and how much time you spent on bullshit tasks that could be removed from the process with proper initial planning and administration

broken arm said:
well the obvious things are.

registration

sorting out your tax

either getting an accountant or taking some lessons in proper book keeping.

The most important thing for me was watching people who don't pay and how much time you spent on bullshit tasks that could be removed from the process with proper initial planning and administration
actually, are there any good online resources that cover these kind of things?

The biggest pitfall is starting a business based on what you enjoy, rather than one targeted at a gap in the market. Classic example is bookshop/coffeeshop idea because you like reading books and drinking coffee.

I would start a women's clothes shop that sold nothing but plain black clothes and stuff. Different prices, but everything plain black. Dresses, shoes, polonecks, bags. That kind of thing. Feel free to rob my idea.

plug said:
I'd buy them, bangers and fireworks RULE. actually, I'd love to be a pyrotechnician.

hmm. I could open a school for pyrotechnicians. it'd be a blast!

Cool! I'll supply the bangers, you supply the training. If there actually was a pyrotechnics college I'd be there and I fucking ace every subject. But I bet you'd need a good grasp of chemistry or something shit like that....

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
The biggest pitfall is starting a business based on what you enjoy, rather than one targeted at a gap in the market. Classic example is bookshop/coffeeshop idea because you like reading books and drinking coffee.

I would start a women's clothes shop that sold nothing but plain black clothes and stuff. Different prices, but everything plain black. Dresses, shoes, polonecks, bags. That kind of thing. Feel free to rob my idea.

that's a good Idea.

although I think it is possible to combine the two.

what? do you two know anything about women at all!? No one would be enticed into your shop of goth, except maybe Anna Wintour.

Latex lizzie said:
that's a good Idea.

although I think it is possible to combine the two.

Not goth clothes...stylish, elegant black items. No lace to be seen!

I know my girlfriednd would like it. She works in BT's and they have to wear black all the time. Pain in her arse finding things or so she tells me. I pretend to be interested. *sniff*

I know girls me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back