end of orbital *cry* (1 Viewer)

snap-apple

Supporter
Since 2000
ORBITAL BOW OUT AT GLASTONBURY 2004

ORBITAL are to play their last ever gig headlining the OTHER STAGE at this year's GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL.

After 15 years together, the dance duo - brothers Phil and Paul Hartnoll will call time on the outfit with a performance at their spiritual home on June 27. Orbital played memorable shows at the festival in 1994, 1995 and 2002.

Orbital, who will also play a show at London Brixton Academy on Friday June 25, releases their last ever LP, 'The Blue Album', on June 21.

Speaking on the band's official website loopz.co.uk, Paul Hartnoll said: "I think we feel that Orbital has run its course. We’re both pursuing different avenues with our music. And we’ve been sat, as brothers, in the same room for 15 years now–and studios are always confined spaces–I think it’s time for a change."

He added: "It’s nice to know that we’re finishing, it’s not many bands that do that. They tend to just fade away. And it’s nice to have our last gig at Glastonbury. It’s gonna be a party set, a best of Orbital. We’re not gonna sit there and try and promote the new album. I think if we’re gonna do a last gig we should do distilled set of all the best stuff we’ve done. And that’s what we’re gonna do, play all the stuff that’s stuck around for all this time because they are the favourite ones."

snap-apple said:
ORBITAL BOW OUT AT GLASTONBURY 2004

ORBITAL are to play their last ever gig headlining the OTHER STAGE at this year's GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL

gonna be at that :)
its about time they finished though in fairness doin collaborations with David Gray and the like

yeah, the altogether wasn't the mae west but the brown album, snivilisation, insides and middle o' nowhere are all untouchable. get the impression they haven't been seeing eye to eye for a while. or torch to torch. !bing

I'm disappointed they're not doing a few more farewell dates though.

snap-apple said:
I'm disappointed they're not doing a few more farewell dates though.

aye, me too. i will never see them live. thats annoying.

mark said:
aye, me too. i will never see them live. thats annoying.

only saw 'em twice but they were definitely somewhere in or around the zone. with any luck they'll still get together for the odd one-off.

i think i have seen orbital live something ridiculous like eleven times. this is what comes of going to lots of festivals. some super gigs amongst them, mind - notably the one they did in the point about seven or eight years ago. insofar as i remember it. ahem.

ah well, i'll be there at glasto, raising my cup of cider bus cider to their little bobbing lights...

minka said:
- notably the one they did in the point about seven or eight years ago. iQUOTE]

i was at that one i think, and a few other orbital point extraveganzas - crackin good fun. Its a pity they're calling it a day, but i was so unbelievably disappointed with the altogether its not the soul crushing news it might once have been

minka said:
indeed. "not much cop" is, i believe, the technical term.

"shite" would be the technical term. except for that tune that sampled tool. that's great.

mark said:
"shite" would be the technical term. except for that tune that sampled tool. that's great.
great yes, but not enough to stop baby jesus crying orbital shaped tears at the sound of that album

middle of nowhere is my fav - most people are of the insides brigade but middle of nowhere just pips it for me

well i have to say since in sides theyve gone down hill
MON and the Altogether arent anything on the 3 before them

as for david gray , the fatter hartnoll is married to grays sister
maybe there was sexual flavours somewhere involved

the new album "te blue album" due for release in june is on their new label
- orbital music (hopefully theyre keeping summat special for last)

miss the ol live gigs tho'
they were good

and they used to play here in mushroom season always
not sure wether it was deliberate or not , but the point certainly had an ethereal
glow on dem occasions

altogether was really poor, apart for one or two tunes.
i think it was thrown together as a last album for there label( to complete there album deal) that they didnt like, but it could be wrong.

it will be intresting to see if blue will pull it back.
I am sure we will see solo projects soon.

They had a thing out recently, the score for a movie called Octane, 'twas ok but only in a soundtracky way.

th' 'tal lost it years ago... they were once the most amazing techno act on the planet... then they rapidly became the worst...
Live? same deal... same gimmics, same effects, same bullshit that was brilliant the first time... but really wound me up after like the tenth time...
Break up lads... just let it go...

ORBITAL will perform their last ever Irish show at OXEGEN this year. Their live performance coincides with the release of their seventh and last ever lp "Blue Album". Orbital with brothers Paul and Phil Hartnoll have been together for 15 years and will make their landmark last ever Irish performance at OXEGEN on Saturday 10th July. Fans can expect a party set which will include the best of Orbital. "I think if we’re gonna do a last gig we should do distilled set of all the best stuff we’ve done. And that’s what we’re gonna do, play all the stuff that’s stuck around for all this time because they are the favourite ones. This will definitely be our last ever live shows," confirmed Paul

Robbie Analog said:
ORBITAL will perform their last ever Irish show at OXEGEN this year. Their live performance coincides with the release of their seventh and last ever lp "Blue Album". Orbital with brothers Paul and Phil Hartnoll have been together for 15 years and will make their landmark last ever Irish performance at OXEGEN on Saturday 10th July. Fans can expect a party set which will include the best of Orbital. "I think if we’re gonna do a last gig we should do distilled set of all the best stuff we’ve done. And that’s what we’re gonna do, play all the stuff that’s stuck around for all this time because they are the favourite ones. This will definitely be our last ever live shows," confirmed Paul

I can't fart loud enough to express my opinion.

Last chance to hear that *hillarious* Bon Jovi Vs. Belinda Carlisle tune.... in case you haven't heard it already ad nauseum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back