Elk, LatexSpiderMonkey and Trails Thomas House sat 28th March (1 Viewer)

Mustard Gypsy

Website
www.littlemotiverecords.com
Good Manners Cost Nothing presents

Elk (Cork)
LatexSpiderMonkey (Belfast)
Trails

Saturday 28th March
The Thomas House
Thomas Street
€5 before 9/ €7 after

Elk

Elk- 'the heavy pop monster', is a beast whose hind legs and broad imposing chest contains the brothers Hedigan - Matt on bass and Lewis on drums. The remaining power antlers and dashing face are composed of Barry "The Boy" and Shane who blaze out synth and guitar. All body parts of Elk share vocal duties. Both Barry and Shane bear the rare Irish surname of O' Sullivan. Although not biologically or legally related, they share a bond that is arguably beyond a bloodline and one that is enhanced by beer use and sweet phrases. A lovely friendship binds this behemoth together and they make music while laughing and ripping the piss out of each other.
Elk released their debut album "We Should Start Our Own Gang" in January 2009. The album was recorded in June 2008 and is full of songs that range from poptastic to hardcore.

www.myspace.com/elkgilbertino

LatexSpiderMonkey

Heavy, jazzy, spazzy madness from Belfast. Not music, but a shocking lack thereof.

www.myspace.com/latexspidermonkey

Trails

birth-orphanage-homeless-steroid abuse-syphilis-death

www.myspace.com/trailsloveyou

I really really like the Elk album, but the newer stuff i heard them play in Cork (as a 4 piece) is even better again.
Darker in places.
Deadly band.

Psych dawg!

l_29ab34f6c25e6395c84b60e942535f4e.jpg

Wouldn't it be great if there were no cufews in bars and bands started after a certain number of people arrived. leading to gigs starting ridiculously late, all audiences being 60% shit faced and belligerant, and in the case of some bands (mostly ones I've been in) many many cancelled shows. ahh Heavenly.

Hey there Gypsy ya jet setting bollox where's the schedule huh?

I will transform into a beautiful butterfly at this gig.

or

I will get shit faced and insult friends.

could go either way.

appologies in advance if it's the latter.

the latter please go with the latter.
transformations into animals are cliche but the transformation from human to insenced raving pschychotic is a classic which never gets old. like return to innocence by enigma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back