Elixir strings (1 Viewer)

mark

M&S Wine Gums FTW
Been a D'addario/Rotosound player for years but I bought a guitar over the weekend which has Elixirs on it. They feel really light, even though they're 11's, and they're also quite sharp under the finger. Does this sound right? Is this something you get used to? Thinking that if that's how Elixirs feel I might just whip them off tonight as they are supposed last for ages.

I'd only play D'addarios or Ernie Balls at a push.I havent tried Elixirs but why bother......I say whip em and go with what you know.

I'd only play D'addarios or Ernie Balls at a push.I havent tried Elixirs but why bother......I say whip em and go with what you know.

Yeah, you're probably right. It's crazy, i thought they were 8/9s. they feel shit.

feck it. off they come.

Sorry Gary, bad form I know....

It's another SG. An SG classic in black (http://www.adverts.ie/947204). I just sold the Jr. cause I wanted something with 2 p90s. Picked it up yesterday morning and gigged with it last night, such a nice guitar and it will be even better when I replace the strings.

That is beautiful.I recently tried a guitar with a p90.Magic tone alright.Plenty of attack.Would like.

If its acoustic i always go straight for d'addario. i flip between three tunings and that along with the teaching told me very fast that martins dont stand up to very much abuse at all.

Dean Markley blue steels feel fucking amazing,been using those for a while but they are harder to get over here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back