ELECTRIC PICNIC website now up and running!!! (1 Viewer)

A lot of it is pretty much down to a lack of bands, there's been a distinct shortage of headline acts on tour this year, the same 5 or 6 bands are headlining pretty much every festival this year. There's some bands on the bill for the electric picnic that i'd have very little time for, but i'd say that about witnness, mor or any other large music event in this country this year.

im a lazy coont who saw none of the above last year or ever

i only wanna see about 5/6 of them

and the free tickets are a bonus

and the match with half time anaysis by the aprés match lads should be good

and so would kilkenny have been if they won the poxy hurlin for the third year straight the next day

I have no problem with a 'boutique' festival, I have a problem with the incredibly dull line up. J5 have been rubbish for years. I'm suprised Dido hasn't been added to the bill. Its only a matter of time.

they should really have a bit of evilness on a little stage
and a small shitty jacks with piss everywhere
and a little shitty bar thats overcrowded

just for the few who enjoy the "normal" festival expierience

raves, parties and more raves, 2 day parties, 3 day raves, raves in woods, massive parties on islands, raves up mountains and all for free (donation), thats what summers about. I was spoilt, so the idea of paying 65 yoyo's or whatever for one day doesn't appeal in the slightest.

Just to answer Ed's point about seeing the same acts again, there's a big difference between seeing the same local bands/DJs playing around Ireland and seeing your MCD/The Pod promoters bring over 2 Many DJs four times a year. I'll go out and support my local band/DJ when they play regularly in Dublin 'cause that's the only way they're going to get the cash together to get outside of Ireland or keep making music.

I won't support MCD/The Pod bring over the same acts as neither they nor the acts they bring over need any further cash or support to get by.

If festivals as mainstream as Reading in the UK can hosts acts like Roots Manuva and Squarepusher then surely this "ecletic Pic 'n Mix" can do better.

As for the Goone's "this is a festival for boggers" point, if somebody really wants to put on a festival to cater for people in Ireland who live too far from Dublin to make it to all those gigs then they should put it on in Galway, Mayo, Kerry or Donegal where the real boggers live.

yeah mine wasnt a real point

but even if i was from laois and i loved all them bands who played last year
i wouldnt have been to see half them in dublin
i have enough difficulty lastin the month with money as it is

65 isnt that bad considerin you'd spend that without tryin in dublin.
If its a sunny day it'll be a bit of craic.
Throw a few bangers in to you to spice it up aswell.

i think the whole outdoor concert during the summer thing is becoming saturated. every big act that comes over during the summer now is put in a ridiculously big football stadium or field and a few smaller acts are thrown in just to give a "festival feel"
in my opinion if a lot of these open air gigs where condensed into a smaller amount of good festivals then we'd be talkin'.

itchy said:
Thats why i left the big bow wow.
And now i want to come back

missed witness so im defo going , super furries is all I need to go for , Im gonna sleep in a field after wards cos I`m so hardcore , gonna bring my teddy and jammies as well though .How much exactly are these tickets?

itchy said:
spice it up with a few bangers:D
now theres a motto your mother would be proud of patpol

garnish it with some honeyed freeky fungus and your laughin
regardless of the weather

There's only something liek 10,000 allowed into this so I suppose it is doing what someone mentioned. I remember being at Radiohead's outdoor thing (some horse track) and while i was wondering around trying to get away from them I was thinking how cool this'd be if it was full of deadly bands, sort of a baby festival. Well the electric picnic is it innit? (except I still don't like any of the bands, but that's another matter).

They should deffo add a rock tent. Then they could add all those "the" bands. Sure, we could be The Mound for the day.

Anthony said:
There's only something liek 10,000 allowed into this so I suppose it is doing what someone mentioned. I remember being at Radiohead's outdoor thing (some horse track) and while i was wondering around trying to get away from them I was thinking how cool this'd be if it was full of deadly bands, sort of a baby festival. Well the electric picnic is it innit? (except I still don't like any of the bands, but that's another matter).

They should deffo add a rock tent. Then they could add all those "the" bands. Sure, we could be The Mound for the day.

its 15,000 ya mongchild!

In the Irish Times magazine thingy on Saturdays they have a heinous 'What's hot/What's not' list every week... Electric Picnic got the big up.

Sayin'...

Buckrake said:
In the Irish Times magazine thingy on Saturdays they have a heinous 'What's hot/What's not' list every week... Electric Picnic got the big up.

Sayin'...
what really topped it off for me was warlords of pez were in the hot aswell beneath electric picnic, which i think they are, but they've been around 5(?) years (i saw their first gig) and these people only realise now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back