Eire Apparent (1 Viewer)

São Paulo Punk

Website
myspace.com
Eire Apparent - old psychedelic rock band from Ireland, first album produced by Jimi Hendrix sometime in the 60's.

Anyone got any of their stuff or know where I could track some down?

I read about them in this book that came out a while ago called 'Green Beat' about the whole beat scene and showband era in Ireland during the 60's. It's a pretty interesting read, I just wish that it came with a free cd of some of the bands mentioned cause a lot of the stuff mentioned hasnt been pressed in years and years.

Anyone?

Wasn't it reissued on cd? I was sure the book had a list in it of some of the available recordings from bands mentioned in it.

Yeah, there's an album on One Way Records but it's described as not having very good sound quality.

Cheers though, I hadn't noticed that before. Im nearly finished the book and now there's a load of old bands I wanna check out!

I saw The Beau Brummells and the original Nirvana in Tower in the prog section. Have to put a few yoyos away for some ofthem. Come on college grant!

I could be wrong here but as far as i'm aware both Radioactive and Akarma are similar, as in they might use decent quality records or original tapes to reissue the material, but don't go quiet as far as sourcing out the members of the acts and giving them royalties. Italian publishing rights are slack compared to most countries thats why its Italian based. as i said i'm only about 75% on this

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back