eh.....the Iranian president is a nerd (1 Viewer)

Not surprising.

Iranian government = total cunts. They focus on the odd Palestinian that gets killed and love to organise anti-american rallies. This is very handy for sweeping their own deplorable human rights record under the carpet.

i know - crazy.

the one thing that greatly disturbs me are the 'holocaust was a myth' believers out there.
for fucks sake like!

this ahmejinedad dude has also said before that he believes 'there were in fact more jews after world war 2 than before it"

EXCUSE ME, YOU SAID WHAT????????

Well the thing is all, figures relating to the holocaust are only estimates. I reckon it was more around the five million mark myself. But only a hate filled twat with an agenda could ever deny that it actually happened[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1].

[/SIZE][/FONT]

i agree that some of the figures may waver in people's minds and that's one thing but saying outright that despite all the footage of bodies, striped prison uniforms, tuberculosis-ridden faces peering out through bars....i mean jaysus!

you're right, hate-filled agendas, only way i can describe it too. sad to think there are people in the world who think like that, but then i'm ever the idealist

Pretty much total nonsense, although this makes sense...

Ahmadinejad said it was the Europeans who committed crimes against the Jews and they, the United States or Canada, should give part of their land to the Jews to establish a state.

He's a bit of a nutjob, is Ahmadinejad. However I understand he's not too popular in Iran. He's seen as a bit too underqualified to do the job.

11.jpg

Hamilton Burger said:
Pretty much total nonsense, although this makes sense...

Ahmadinejad said it was the Europeans who committed crimes against the Jews and they, the United States or Canada, should give part of their land to the Jews to establish a state.

He's a bit of a nutjob, is Ahmadinejad. However I understand he's not too popular in Iran. He's seen as a bit too underqualified to do the job.

Eh, no, because like it or not Jewish people do originally come from the land that is now Palestine/Israel.

And why the hell would they want to stay in Europe after the holocaust?

And America and Canada let loads of jewish immigrants in after WW2.

Ahmadinejab can fuck right off.

mazzyianne said:
?

them palestinians r a bit odd alright...

I meant odd as in "the occasional".

The less Palestinians that are killed the more Iran go on about the situation. This is because it irates them greatly to see Israel moving towards a peaceful resolution to the situation. They're scared of not being able to bitch and moan about Israel, which they use to distract from their own total mentalness.

Bush is totally gonna bomb Iran before he finishes his term.

and syria and i reckon he'll have a crack at north korea.

La La said:

and syria and i reckon he'll have a crack at north korea.

Dunno. He needs at least 18 months worth of domestic campaigning and investment to get back on the voters good side, and then another year to manifest some heat toward iran. I reckon he's gonna get one of his girls elected as president in 2020, and then run the war from the Chicken Diner he'll have set up in texas somewhere by then with his retirement (oil) money.

Anyhoo, there are better ways to handle a nuclear threat than to blow the shit out of a country and take all its oil. If the Iranian president becomes intentionaly hostile than he should go; not the whole country. All thats needed here is a change of government without the direct involvment of the U.S.

It's do-able. It just don't make for good profiteering....

I love chicken.

Sorry. Politics. I love Politics.

La La said:

Do you think they'll invade or just chuck a few bombs their way?

A full scale invasion would take a lot of manpower. I don't think the US military are ready for another invasion for a good while yet.

spiritualtramp said:
Do you think they'll invade or just chuck a few bombs their way?

A full scale invasion would take a lot of manpower. I don't think the US military are ready for another invasion for a good while yet.

yes, the military is spent. i reckon they'll try something - i dont think bush envisioned Iraq taking this long. i think he probably thought that by now he'd be well in there with his other plans

from t'guardian...

One MEP yesterday suggested that the best way to express Europe's frustration with Mr Ahmadinejad would be to throw Iran out of the World Cup. Iran, a football-mad country, is due to take part in next summer's tournament in Germany. Millions of Iranians watched last week's draw in Leipzig.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0,12858,1667634,00.html

spiritualtramp said:
This is because it irates them greatly to see Israel moving towards a peaceful resolution to the situation. They're scared of not being able to bitch and moan about Israel, which they use to distract from their own total mentalness.

I agree with the gist of what you are saying about the Iranian gov ...

But ..... I hardly think Israel are moving towards a peaceful resolution. They may indeed think they are moving towards a resolution but I suspect that that supposed resolution is going to do little for the Palestinians really, and it's essentially an imposed settlement on Israeli terms. If they can do it peacefully then they will be all the happier obviously. They are not going to allow any right of return; they are not going to concede any land; they are not going to allow joint ownership over Jerusalem; they are not going to dismantle the West Bank settlements in their entirety; and any future Palestinian "state" will be that in name only and in fact more closely resemble an aparheid South-Africa style bantustan. It will be marvellous for whichever Palestinian leader is currently in vogue, as they can parade around the place for the international television cameras proclaiming that the great day has come but, as with the Oslo agreement, anyone with sense will surely realise that it's not going to work. And obviously this is the optimistic scenario ... i.e. that the Israelis do eventually allow the creation of a "state" ....

I reckon the Iranians will have plenty to bitch and moan about for quite a while to come ;)

hugh said:
I agree with the gist of what you are saying about the Iranian gov ...

But ..... I hardly think Israel are moving towards a peaceful resolution. They may indeed think they are moving towards a resolution but I suspect that that supposed resolution is going to do little for the Palestinians really, and it's essentially an imposed settlement on Israeli terms.

This year Israel withdrew all the settlers from Gaza, which will benefit the Palestinians in Gaza somewhat. Gaza now control their border with Egypt for example. The situation can't be solved overnight but there are signs that it is very slowly getting better.

hugh said:
They are not going to allow any right of return; they are not going to concede any land; they are not going to allow joint ownership over Jerusalem; they are not going to dismantle the West Bank settlements in their entirety; and any future Palestinian "state" will be that in name only

How do you know for sure that this will be the outcome? A few years ago nobody would have believed that settlers would be withdrawn from Gaza, by Sharon of all people.

hugh said:
I reckon the Iranians will have plenty to bitch and moan about for quite a while to come ;)

Well if they really care so much about their muslim brothers they really should stop sending militia into Iraq to kill Iraqi civilians.

Did anyone read the full quote? Do you think he meant myth as lie? Cos further down he acknowledges that Europe commited this 'big crime'???

"They have created a myth today that they call the massacre of Jews and they consider it a principle above God, religions and the prophets,"

"If someone were to deny the existence of God... or prophets and religion, they would not bother him.

"However, if someone were to deny the myth of the Jews' massacre, all the Zionist mouthpieces and the governments subservient to the Zionists tear their larynxes and scream against the person as much as they can,"

"If you [Europeans] committed this big crime, then why should the oppressed Palestinian nation pay the price?

"This is our proposal: give a part of your own land in Europe, the US, Canada or Alaska to them so that the Jews can establish their country,"

- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

spiritualtramp said:
This year Israel withdrew all the settlers from Gaza, which will benefit the Palestinians in Gaza somewhat. Gaza now control their border with Egypt for example. The situation can't be solved overnight but there are signs that it is very slowly getting better.

we've had this already... in fact, it was because of you that i started a thread about it: http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=25290

in short: gaza 'withdrawal' = p.r. maneuver.

spiritualtramp said:
How do you know for sure that this will be the outcome? A few years ago nobody would have believed that settlers would be withdrawn from Gaza, by Sharon of all people.

until such time as the u.s. withdraw material, financial and propaganda support for israel, they'll continue to do exactly this (no right of return/joint ownership of jerusalem/dismantling west bank settlements/viable palestinian state).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back