Earth Hour (1 Viewer)

avernus

FRIENDS OF THE EARTH said:
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica]
Have you heard about Earth Hour? 8pm to 9pm on Saturday 29th March is your chance to show you're ready to play your part in containing climate change. Join hundreds of thousands of people across the world by turning off all non essential lighting and appliances. Earth Hour, which started in Sydney a year ago, has now become a global movement. It has the power to demonstrate how much we can achieve when we all do our bit. Find out more here.
[/FONT]

YA DO IT!

apparently however, the black google or blackle doesn't actually make much of a difference to the amount of energy your computer uses as modern monitors use the same amount of energy no matter what they're displaying. or so i read. but yeah. it's a nice idea nonetheless go earth hour.

It was a pretty big deal over here in Melbourne and although i thought it looked a bit lame from down at Federation Square where they were having a ceremony, supposedly there was a 5% reduction in electricity on the night, was nice sitting in a bar afterwards under candlelight but many businesses just didn't bother, they should be ashamed, they werent even using them on Sunday.

See there was a full day in Tasmania yesterday where NO-ONE knew the time, some fuck up with daylight savings time now changing a week later than usual but no one remembering to update software on computers/mobile phone networks etc...

I find that quite funny

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back