Early '60's Ampeg SB-12 Portaflex Bass Amp (1 Viewer)

shower another shower

Truetone music in Santa Monica, CA told me it was a 1965 model when I brought it in 6 years ago for a check-up, re-cap and fresh power lead put on. Have had this for around 7 years and isn't being played at all these days. Needs to be retubed, and will take care of that, with tubes of choice for the buyer with the right price, or take it away as is and do the tubing yerself.
Is an amazing amp for bass or guitar, or accordion, using the instrument input. Controls are volume, treble, bass. The clear front plate that says 'Ampeg' lights up when turned on. The head flips into the cab for transport, with the two latches on the sides, being the contacts between the head and cab.
This would be an amazing amp for a recording studio for classic, all-tube, ampeg sound.
This picture isn't mine, but not far off by any means. Just a couple of tears on the covering.
Will post some pics tomorrow, when there's more light.
Will sell to the right buyer.
sb12new.jpg

And mine doesn't have 'Tony' inscribed under 'Ampeg'

phwoarrr!
sounds amazing, it does. Its the wifes. She don't know I'm selling it, but I've my eye on a special drum kit.
Not selling it for drugs or anything like that.

Dunno exactly. saw an SB 15 in London last week in a vintage shop. Seemed to be the only thing in the shop that wasn't for sale.
Also saw one on ebay that had a buy now for 1400 sterling, but it didn't sell. Kinda waiting for him to relist.
Whoever buys this, will know what its worth I think.
I paid around 600US for it 6-8 years ago, and spent another 200 for the service. Then shipped it here, when we moved back.
Whoever buys it, also has to let Ian use it for recording his new album.

What I'll do is this. Take it to an amp guy, maybe Alladin's, have it re-tubed and valued.
Thats probably the best way to figure out what she's worth.
Any other amp people, besides Alladins, out there?

Dunno exactly. saw an SB 15 in London last week in a vintage shop. Seemed to be the only thing in the shop that wasn't for sale.
Also saw one on ebay that had a buy now for 1400 sterling, but it didn't sell. Kinda waiting for him to relist.
Whoever buys this, will know what its worth I think.
I paid around 600US for it 6-8 years ago, and spent another 200 for the service. Then shipped it here, when we moved back.
Whoever buys it, also has to let Ian use it for recording his new album.

Ha ha ha. That'll be a deal breaker if ever there was one! Noice one big daddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back