Dylan in Kilkenny (1 Viewer)

I saw Bob in Galway 2 years ago. It was good.
Gary Moore, on the other hand was not.

I found out last night that a friend o mine is in hospital, and may not be able to play a gig in Kilkenny tomorrow. This means that I'll have to fill in for him for the two songs he plays bass on.
I'll be going head to head with mr dylan for the affections of the Kilkenny gig-going public.

It will be my first gig since I filled in for someone in Alcoholica in the school talent show in 1999.....eep!

Saw him last time in Kilkenny it was good but i thought Elvis Costello was shit.

I had the misfortune of going with a friend of a friend who kept saying things like "I don't know any of his songs but he's a living legend".

i didn't have to play in the end. It was a good laugh though. All the random punters I spoke to said Dylan was shite. Mundy too. But I dunno, I wasn't there.

seanc said:
i didn't have to play in the end. It was a good laugh though. All the random punters I spoke to said Dylan was shite. Mundy too. But I dunno, I wasn't there.

Ah, he was grand. More or less went through the motions. But he is 65 in fairness. Flaming Lips were deadly in their Jesus-Loves-you way (Wayne Coyne being Jesus) and their balloon cannons and confetti guns..

Jimcorr said:
Ah, he was grand. More or less went through the motions. But he is 65 in fairness. Flaming Lips were deadly in their Jesus-Loves-you way (Wayne Coyne being Jesus) and their balloon cannons and confetti guns..

is it true the flaming lips have a whole bandful of musicians now or are they still doing the souped up karaoke thing (that i love so)?

Miss Piggy said:
is it true the flaming lips have a whole bandful of musicians now or are they still doing the souped up karaoke thing (that i love so)?

Well, they had a group of Santa's on one side and a bunch of aliens on the other. But there was a full band and of course the crowd did the karaoke thing (with much encouragement from Wayne Coyne). Two old grumpy dudes beside me reckoned it was just all about the visuals...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back