DVD problem (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Ed
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 993
  • Watchers 1

Ed

Right, i have this dirt cheap dvd player, it's happily been playing region 1 dvd bootlegs from thailand recently, i got a region 1 dvd from canada today and it won't play. So any ideas?

Ah you see Ed this is where the dirt cheap factor enters it!

I use to play DVD’s on my Playstation II until a few weeks ago I rented a dvd that wouldn’t scan in. I looked into it all and it seems that certain DVD players are manufactured to play a certain type of DVD. It varies from country to country.

Ed said:
Right, i have this dirt cheap dvd player, it's happily been playing region 1 dvd bootlegs from thailand recently, i got a region 1 dvd from canada today and it won't play. So any ideas?

Ed said:
Loads of legit R1 dvds are coming with RCE, which is designed to try and fuck up some multi-region DVD players. Sounds like you got caught with it.

The Philips store are selling a kick-ass philips DVD player for 80 bucks, which can handle multi-region (and divx, and svcd, and and and), if you want to upgrade.

THRILLHO said:
Loads of legit R1 dvds are coming with RCE, which is designed to try and fuck up some multi-region DVD players. Sounds like you got caught with it.

The Philips store are selling a kick-ass philips DVD player for 80 bucks, which can handle multi-region (and divx, and svcd, and and and), if you want to upgrade.
will this beat the RCE??

if so, roll on hellboy!

george mcfly said:
will this beat the RCE??

if so, roll on hellboy!
Yeah. Ironically, most name-brand machines are fine with RCE, only the cheap ones. I've got a Sony (which was a pain to multi-region) and I've never had a problem with RCE.

it plays nicely on my computer which is a small consolation until i buy a better dvd player

Ed said:

You need a scart lead from hawaii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back