dublin youth culture pics book preview (1 Viewer)

hmmm anyone would think nobody in dublin ever liked metal - 1:31 doesn't count since at least one of them is from naaavan.

photo at 1:21 is amazing

Advance records brings back memories, 1st proper record shop that actually had picture sleeves for Polydor and the like.

Guy in 1:19 is Charlie Mooney his older brother was a punk and hung round with us in Ballymun, was the 1st ever person who I knew that died from an Overdose, they were from Ballymurphy who moved down to Ballymun to get away from the troubles up Norf.

Been waiting a long time for Gary to get this book together! He must have enough material for an encyclopedia at this stage!

Some great pics there, there's types you just don't see any more. Cure Heads! When's the last time you saw one of them? And the metalers, they don't make 'em like that anymore.

Some really old ones there too...

A young Ciaran Perry at 1.13
That has to be Brayo at 1.26
Moe out of Aces Wild at 1.33
Chaz at 1.56
Mick O Donnell and Bretzers misuss at 2.10
Baby Fayzer and Loughie (Skint) at 2.23

This book will be deadly when it finally comes out

Unrelated but a great picture from the Warzone/Giros by a photographer called Ricky Adam.

Looks like Neville in the Exploited t-shirt?
and Iain with bleached hair and alcohol!

Ah I remember flagons of Old English when it was yer go-to cider.Halcyon days.

Also,I spotted a girl in one of them shots who's working as a stripper now.Nice.

looks like ash from ciunas behind crispo , and i think i spotted a blurred gipo from dubtones in there with no shades

Garry will be holding a photo exihibition at the next Mods vs Rockers night on Sat Oct 25th in Ruaille Buaille formely Major Toms on Kings St.

newsh0.jpg

pictures of young lads drinking cans in the lower deck. :)
whens our day?

me thinks we should set up gigs where we dont have to listen to constant
reminiscing of the "old school" punks.

My bet is that 'our day' will be in a good 10/15 years (naturally dependin on the age). Then it will be our turn to reminisce about the "good aul days when...". HAH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back