Drumancoo top fives. (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
1) The venue - really beautiful area with mountains backing the site, camping marquees, big hall etc .

2) Lentil disorder - the falafel from here was amazing.

3) Moutpiece - with the song writing skills of this lot surely the eurovision is possible - killer hooks - you'd kind of miss the days when gazzer went on more mad solos but when they have the tunes they have who cares - should be bigger than jape

4) General hanging out with a load of heads and catching up and talking shit and laughing at stupid stuff thats happened people since ya seen em, festivals are great for this kind of shit.

5) The undertakers - really good mix of psychobilly and punk, have heard this description before many times for it to have turned out to be a psycho band with fuck all punk sound but these lads have it off - really impressed.

1) Jasper, Mary, Oisin and Setting off Sirens crew. Tremendous job. It all ran so smoothly and was just so well put together.

2) Getting to play at such a good gig.

3) The scenery. What a spot.

4) I'll have to agree with Conor. Lentil Disorder was knockin out the nicest falafel this side of Hamburg.

5) Kidd Blunt. oops! Playing Kidd Blunt in the DJ tent.

1) The atmosphere - It was absolutely great and loads of friendly people.
2) Lentil Disorder - See above for the reasons. If those guys have not a restaurant yet, they should open one.
3) The banter and chatting with all different characters (most of which drunk) and generally meeting a good lot of new people.
4) Belfast vs North Coast turned Norn Iron & North Coast vs the Republic & a few Belfast folks football match in the campsite on the sunday. It was savage and us Norn Iron/North Coast boyos managed to win it.
5) A few bands - Namely Droppin' Bombs, Only Fumes & Corpses, Divisions Ruin and a couple of others (cannae mind the names) absolutely brilliant!

JUST BACK NOW........
Highlights
1) Far better settings then Leechrum
2) No Electronic shit
3) My 2 hour talk with Roy from Toxic Waste in see #4
4) Gorgeous pub at venue
5) Having a proper yap with Gambra and others from Eirecore.
6) Bringing chalk n' cheese couple Gaz and Lukas home.
7) Getting the exclusive Excuses live CD and a freebie Ghundi T-shirt.
8) Seeing Daniel from OFAC drunk, normally he is sober 'cos he has to drive to Dublin
9) Cops for a change were good guys.
10) Crispos drumming for Bleeding Rectum who were IMO the band of the weekend, every person at this more or less pulled me up and said what a drummer he was, while I hate to go with the flow I had to this time, guy is a legend.
11) Cleanest loo's ever!!!
Lowlights
1) Not enough Sun or should I say not less Rain.
2) No flagons of Bulmers in Dunnes in Letterkenny, even the pub had no Bulmers.
3) Being almost ran over by friends for the laugh while I was asleep in my tent.
4) Not knowing Oily was at fest til someone told me in car on the way home.
5) Missing the B or W debacle.
6) Leaving my Camera in a pub in Emyville after a pub session on the way back and only realising an hour later, hence a rapid u-turn.

The highlights were many...

personally speaking I had one of the greatest weekends ever.I am so full of ketamine,extasy,coke,shrooms,whizz,dope,buckfast,linden that I'm thinking of going straight edge.For the laugh.

If I had a video of Gazza on the way home in the car I would be a multi millionaire...
One quip when we found out I'd left my Cam gear behind in pub " You better find it I don't want my good buzz ruined!" along with the classic " I can buy more smokes in the Spar"... I ended up buying another 2 flagons in said pub once they had the Cam gear. :rolleyes:

9) Cops for a change were good guys.

aye the cops were a good buzz took the winding up i was giving them with a big grin on their faces, i poked one in the belly and asked him when he was due and called him a fat bastard, :) and then put up with people singing A.C.A.B all weekend at 'em. nearly all of them had moustaches aswell....

Not enough Sun.............Not enough Sun

i got fucking sunburned me heads like a beetroot at the moment, i dont even remember te sun being out for more than a minute :confused:

I am also burned to fuck on face/neck/arms. Musta just been us out for so long? :s
Janer is lying about "someone" running him over. He just moved his tent closer to the car for even more drama! :p
I have no top 5s. I got too fucking drunk and missed most of the first day. Epic fun though with the Septic boys from the small bits I can remember, and got to see some great stuff on the second day too which didn't ruin it for me having missed the first :D

highlight for me was cut the reins and divisions ruin.
lowest point was the fighting.

somehow managed to get burned by a sun i couldn't even see too!

Aye, i got home and my ma went "ye got some colour on your face" yet i don't remember the sun being out either. I bet it was those bastard lights they turned on near the campsite.

A lot of good things about the picnic
Lentil disorder was yum yum
meeting lots of old friends and new
seeing lots of deadly bands
doing things I have wanted to do for along time

bad things
being to drunk to function
missing alot of bands I really wanted to see cut the reins, bachaus, bleeding rectum.
being to tired to dance and stand for some of my favourite bands
having a lot of missing scenes on the saturday!!!

highlight for me was cut the reins and divisions ruin.
lowest point was the fighting.

somehow managed to get burned by a sun i couldn't even see too!

the sun was out sunday mornin i had a moment of clarity and remember someone couldve been tommy trousers saying he wanted some suncream for his noggin when we were sitting having a pint,
me head looks like a fucking beetroot :)............... a sexy beetroot :p

Only Fumes And Corpses
Bacchus
Kidd Blunt chant
Morning pint in Byrnes
Lental Disorder Falafel

Wasn't mad about the second day. The lineup wasn't my cup of tea.
The Rockstars Vs Everyone Else Royal Rumble entertained in a 9/11 kind of way.
The Rockstars dropping out of punk by giving a statement to the cops was funny at least.
Getting lifted was my lowest point though!

Lifted by the cops or lifted from the ground due to drunkness?

And it seems that the Lental Disorder falafel was perhaps the only thing everyone can agree about. Fucking amazing stuff that was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back