Dog fanciers? (2 Viewers)

Listen Mister, my girl Roxy (the dog, not the Thumpeder) is a Rhodesian Ridgeback cross with a bowel problem, and she'll have somehting to say about that. And I can tell you now, it won't come out of the upholstery.

Favourite ever bumper sticker, spotted in Dublin city centre:
HONK IF YOU LOVE RHODESIAN RIDGEBACKS

There wasn't a whole lotta honking going on that day though. You'd get a higher success rate out of HONK IF YOU'RE A GOOSE.

My girlfriends mother is afraid of big dogs, so when she took in a stray she insisted it was a labrador cross. a labrador with a fondness for the gym. With a strange marking on it's back.

Bruce_web_1.jpg

Ah, Rhodesian Ridgebacks. I didn't even think they were common enough to fall into a category for 'dangerous breeds'.

But this is a good excuse now for me to post pictures:

Roxy's still sick, though. They still aren't sure if she has cancer, but she seems to be responding to mega-doses of medication, and my dad says she's just as sprightly and happy as ever, just with a very bad pooping problem.

But look at her face! IS THAT THE FACE OF A COLD BLOODED KILLER?

I didn't know that. Interesting lady.
i've read animals in translation, which is good. she also has a book called thinking in pictures, which is more of an autobiography, i believe.

she looks relaxed because she has learned her speeches that way - her relaxed manner is actually fairly set in stone, she's not able to deviate from it.

this is my dog, boris, on his first birthday this week in the park. he is a samoyed and so sweet and gentle and lovely. i've had people practically jump out of their skins when they see him but he wouldn't harm a fly. since this new dog law thing came into effect a number of people have stopped me in the park saying "excuse me is that an akita because blah blah blah" it is fucking wrecking my head, yet the same people walk by big blokes with pitbulls and say nothing....

we have met a number of lovely ridgebacks at obedience class and they are beautiful...would love one as a playmate for boris. have actually thought about showing him but don't know if i will yet..

Attachments

• Plinty beez.jpg
    Plinty beez.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 18
apparently there is a deadly training course in sallins but it is a little too far out for me at the minute. especially since boris hates cars and barks all the way!

they are quite good in clochran but groups can be big so you really gotta fight to get yr problems addressed!

good luck

apparently there is a deadly training course in sallins but it is a little too far out for me at the minute. especially since boris hates cars and barks all the way!

they are quite good in clochran but groups can be big so you really gotta fight to get yr problems addressed!

good luck

no problem, i find by starving Dennis( our alsatian) and singing off key to him it makes him really aggrressive- we're bound to get seen to first!

Sallins isn't a million miles away from us- might try there

thanks again!

dalmatians are up near the top in numbers of attacks on kids in america apparently, mainly for two reasons - disney, and they're aggressive.
Where did you hear that? The reason there's so many dalmatians in the US certainly has something to do with Disney, but they're one of the least agressive dog breeds that there is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back