DLR005- 'The bastard rain - of stolen birds' album out now!! (1 Viewer)

drunkenlust

cover.jpg

‘of stolen birds’ is the first full-length album from Dublin 3-piece The Bastard Rain. The 11-track album showcases the bands eclectic sound, ranging from the alienating sparseness of ‘song of tereus’ to the spaghetti-western inspired electropop/rockabilly mash-up thatis ‘arch stanton’.

The album, which was lovingly self-recorded by the band and mastered by Steve Fanagan, is available in CD format, replete with devilish artwork, and sleeve notes attributed to renowned French mystic Francois Leclerc Du Tremblay.

The album will be available for purchase online at drunkenlust records, and in stores from tower records, city discs, road records and freebird records (Dublin) from the 23rd of May.
priced at 10euro

The band will be launching the album at the Harbour Bar, Bray on Saturday the 23rd of May. Support on the night will be provided by Brian Cullens Love Bullets.

For further information contact [email protected]
band directly on myspace www.myspace.com/thebastardrain.

Brayhem this Saturday!

the end of the bastard set with feature an epic battle between the merhag on the poster and the agelose in a toga. in 'clash of the titans' style stop-animation.

if people are interested in making the trip out to bray pm me before tomorrow afternoon and we'll put yis on the taxi list for the trip home!!!!

the end of the bastard set with feature an epic battle between the merhag on the poster and the agelose in a toga. in 'clash of the titans' style stop-animation.

if people are interested in making the trip out to bray pm me before tomorrow afternoon and we'll put yis on the taxi list for the trip home!!!!

Aw Raz you are a great dude. Agelose in a toga....erotic stuff. I'll stick boy bullets in Jason and the Argonauts skeleton costumes!

TONITE CHILDREN!!

in other news 'of stolen birds' is jackie haydens pick of the forthnight for the next issue of hot press.....i dont know if thats a good or a bad thing. after all, the current issue features a picture of mundy wearing eyeshadow on the cover.

TONITE CHILDREN!!

in other news 'of stolen birds' is jackie haydens pick of the forthnight for the next issue of hot press.....i dont know if thats a good or a bad thing. after all, the current issue features a picture of mundy wearing eyeshadow on the cover.

it's good. just don't focus on the Mundy thing.

OF STOLEN BIRDS is jackie haydens pick of the forthnight!

''The bastard rain have an eclectic sound, covering all the bases in the electro pop-rock catalogue. Intro showcases a vocalist with a heavy nick cave dependency, but the track is tricked out with chiming guitar and an edgy harmonica. PDM has a sprightly thump to it, is subtly discordant and evokes memories of jim Morrison at his shaman-poet best. The curiously spelled ‘john the revealator’ is pleasantly lo-fi ala Velvet underground and a willingness to toss in a repeated line to good effect''

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back