Disco thread (2 Viewers)

I-F has apparently done some good disco mixes as well, must check them out.

I-F is the man. he's got a really famous mix called. Mixed Up In The Hague, its totally quality and the mixing is brillaint, it was a bootleg for years but think you can buy it now, i'm sure if you check Discogs you get it.
think he's playing in Electric City too soon.

I-F is the man. he's got a really famous mix called. Mixed Up In The Hague, its totally quality and the mixing is brillaint, it was a bootleg for years but think you can buy it now, i'm sure if you check Discogs you get it.
think he's playing in Electric City too soon.
Both Mixed Up in the HAgue volume 1 & 2 (both fantastic) are available for download on one of I-F's own sites, It think it's called Panama Racing. I've restricted web access in work so can't locate the site. More the Italo end of disco with some US electro.

A few Arthur Russel tracks have (quite rightly)gotten mentioned on this thread so far. One more
Dinosaur - Kiss Me Again
Just beautiful.

loose joints-is it all over my face is probably my favourite disco track, could listen to it all day. anything with nile rodgers is bound to be decent too. alot of my favourite disco borders on the funk side of things. and 80's soul, when the magic happened! love crate digging that shit.

I've always hated disco, it just bores me to fucken tears (I love funk though Osama). House bores me too. Maybe I'm not taking the right drugs

Anyone got mp3s of those tracks you recommend that you can post? Convert me like?

Disco was fuckin great till it got too popular and the cheese went bad, right after Saturday Night Fever. My favourite Disco is deffo Giorgio Moroder stuff, he made 'I feel love' with Donna Sunner. I think he may have invented dance music and sequencing etc. Nothing like some Disco and a bag of Swag!

Smile ye bastad

After a recent e-mail debate with a fellow Thumper about whether disco is shit or not, I've concluded that disco must be one of the most misunderstood genres going. I read a book called Love Saves The Day which focuses on the Downtown New York disco scene in the 70's, the author reckons the backlash was mostly due to its sudden popularity. Personally, I blame Saturday Night Fever.

Anyway, here's a few classics.
Machine - There but for the grace of God go I
Class Action - Weekend (Larry Levan remix)
MFSB- Love is the message
Sylvester (Yor make me feel) Might Real
Donna Summer - I Feel Love
Dinosaur L - Go Bang
Undisputed Truth- You+me=love
Unlimited Touch - I hear music in the Streets

Shitloads more too. Do you have any favourites or do you think it's all shit?
it wasnt a debate whether disco was shit or not, it was a debate that disco and funk are not as similar as someone else made out.

So do I. I love listening to Ron Hardy sets etc.. Also, Italo is a real interesting period in music.

i assume you know of deephousepage.com?

the amount of mixes they have here is mind-boggling. original recordings of hardy/levan/knuckles from back in the day, as well as a plenty of new stuff. the ron hardy sets are fantastic, he just works the shits out of one song for 10/15 minutes with tape loops/vinyl/whatever he can get his hands on..

moultonmix.jpg

this is decent

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back