Derrick Dalton (3 Viewers)

Just want to add my condolences, never met the man but he was an original. Saw the reformed mexican pets at the coldspoons gig and it makes me sad this guy is no longer around. RIP Derrick

I feel really sorry for the family and friends he leaves behind.
I was hit by this news. Having only spoke with him a couple of times and at gigs sat fascinated by his fingers as he played guitar... it still hit me.
My sincerest condolences to Laura and his family.

Was lucky enough to meet Derrick and Laura many times at many gigs over the years. His love for music and genuine kindness and gentleness came across every time you spoke to him.

Its hard to believe he is gone.

I'm so sorry about this.Rest in Peace.

So tragic. A lovely, lovely fella. Got me sweet tea after I took a kicking 14 years ago, he and Laura were first to invite us over for foods after we'd been living abroad... So many kindnesses over many years.
Me and the wife's thoughts and love are with Laura and all their families and pals.

Still can't quite believe it, he was just the loveliest person and have had many a laugh with him over the years.

A talented musician and a thoughtful, gentle soul.

Am devastated for Laura and his family.

Whenever I see a Rickenbacker, I'll always think of him...

RIP Derrick.

S

Thats absolutely terrible news. One of my biggest regrets was being on the other side of the world when Mexican Pets reformed and played Whelans in 2006. Always hoped they would do it some other time, and I'd get to see Derrick playing those great songs again. My thoughts are with his family.

I had the pleasure of playing with Derek. He had tremendous patience as a player and an undying commitment to his music. I would give anything to share one last joke with the guy. I loved to hear him laugh. A tremendous spirit. I will miss him always.

Mourne Road Church: http://www.mourneroad.ie/findus.htm

map.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back