death cab:sell-outs (1 Viewer)

Vinnie said:
I see your point. Having a smoke outside the University of Wrong.
kittser is? deadly, think i'll go and join him... he always goin' on about how much he smokes, it's deadly :)

ha ha ha ha calling bands sell outs for signing to the Major Leagues, and Atlantic too! hardly the big bad machine...

I haven't heard of that in years, it's like the Thumped of old again! Lets lynch Mogwai or Godspeed for playing an MCD gig and not sleeping on the floors of crusties like they should!

Pantone247 said:
ha ha ha ha calling bands sell outs for signing to the Major Leagues, and Atlantic too! hardly the big bad machine...

I haven't heard of that in years, it's like the Thumped of old again! Lets lynch Mogwai or Godspeed for playing an MCD gig and not sleeping on the floors of crusties like they should!
mogwai claim to be of that mentality, not sleeping on crusty's floors ( slight exageration there pants, surprise, surprise ;) ) but in dealing with independent promoters etc. they do so in most places in the UK but don't in ireland. it could be something to do with mcd's stranglehold or something, you know the way they say they'll outbid anyone to do a show? that's the kind of mentality that's anti-competitive and will eventually water down the diversity of music you'll be able to enjoy in dublin. but hey, mogwai are hypocrites. who isn't?

hag said:
mogwai claim to be of that mentality, not sleeping on crusty's floors ( slight exageration there pants, surprise, surprise ;) ) but in dealing with independent promoters etc. they do so in most places in the UK but don't in ireland. it could be something to do with mcd's stranglehold or something, you know the way they say they'll outbid anyone to do a show? that's the kind of mentality that's anti-competitive and will eventually water down the diversity of music you'll be able to enjoy in dublin. but hey, mogwai are hypocrites. who isn't?

boy do I ever look dumb now...

;)

Pantone247 said:
boy do I ever look dumb now...

;)
well, you were giving out about people who complained about mogwai being booked through mcd when they claimed not to like that kind of thing on their own website... so yeah, i guess you do look a bit silly. that, or you're just not interested in facts. ;)

hag said:
well, you were giving out about people who complained about mogwai being booked through mcd when they claimed not to like that kind of thing on their own website... so yeah, i guess you do look a bit silly. that, or you're just not interested in facts. ;)

zing! zing! zing!

crikey Hag, give a guy a chance to get his breath back dude, you're totally slaying me here...

:)

snakybus said:
in fairness Death Cab were always heading in that direction

pretty bland - Ben Gibbard writes great lyrics but they manage to not build on this at all
there's nothing bland about 'we have the facts' or 'forbidden love'.they were great now they're not.simple as that.i'm not calling them sell-outs just coz they signed to the majors.they sold out musically with the sentimental trash they've been releasing lately and playing with bands like blink 182.they've gone to the majors despite having good distribution and a loyal fanbase and record company. i like bright eyes by the way.keeping teenage angst alive in pop.

hermie said:
don't call me a cunt ya skinny, aids-ridden prick.your taste is up your arse by the way.you must have some bizarre filters in your ears that make good music sound bad and vice-versa.
i still love ya though ostrich boy

ernesto said:
and i love you Hermie, and your leftiness.
boy2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back