deadly DEADLY eggs.. (1 Viewer)

Bellatrix said:
A Spanish omelette is the king of any picnic hamper.

Yesss. I like Chorizo in mine, though I accept that the vegetarians among us may have their own point of view on the matter.

nlgbbbblth said:
I find omelettes a challenge to cook.
same here. they look great in the pan but by the time i get it out on to the plate it looks more like scrambled eggs that have been dug out of the bin along with some bits of veg however it tastes tasty as ever.

nlgbbbblth said:
Should I use a special omelette pan?

I dunno, they just kinda disintegrate or else stick.

OK the problem with eggs and omelettes is that poeple invariably overcook them. Eggs barely need any cooking, that's the thing.

Have the pan very hot. Pour in yer stuff, let set JUST FOR A SECOND. Then begin to fold it in towards the centre. Continuing folding the egg in on itself towards the centre. Should only take 90secs or so. THEN TAKE THE BLOODY THING OFF THE PAN. And yer done. Yummy McYummerson.

The thing to remember about eggs, right, is that even when you remove them from the heat, they'll continue cooking a bit more . So If you remove them just immediately before they seem fully cooked then the result will be happy tasty moist eggs.

Geddit?

What I do with omelettes is have the pan very hot, then turn the heat right down as soon as the eggs go in. I don't turn em, I just stick em under the grill to do the top half (which means it's more a frittata than an omelette, I believe). I find sticking is mostly caused by a lack of heat at the start (or not enough butter in the pan)

egg_ said:
What I do with omelettes is have the pan very hot, then turn the heat right down as soon as the eggs go in. I don't turn em, I just stick em under the grill to do the top half (which means it's more a frittata than an omelette, I believe). I find sticking is mostly caused by a lack of heat at the start (or not enough butter in the pan)

I've used method a few times, works well. Also, bang the handle of the pan with your fist/hand to loosen up the omelette.

I tried to poach an egg this morning but i made a bit of a pigs mickey of it, i don't think i'd fully awakened.

It tasted fine though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back