David Byrne TONIGHT (1 Viewer)

Incredible show. BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER.

However I am jealous of Scutter, Ian, Hugh and I is John who I could see in the the first two rows! I did get to see the crowd going nuts from the side balcony though. I was so happy when one dude finally got up to dance. He was just itching to for a while and then he went wild after a few people near the front got up. So much fun.

Might have a spare copy of that...
It was given away with a sunday paper last year I think.

So I was surrounded by anonymous thumpsters and I didn't even know it.

Twas a TRUELY AMAZING GIG... Yes even without This Must Be The Place, but thankfully I saw that in The Stadium many moons ago...

Here's Davey in a tutu

Attachments

• 06042009884.jpg
    06042009884.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 91
Might have a spare copy of that...
It was given away with a sunday paper last year I think.

So I was surrounded by anonymous thumpsters and I didn't even know it.

Twas a TRUELY AMAZING GIG... Yes even without This Must Be The Place, but thankfully I saw that in The Stadium many moons ago...

Here's Davey in a tutu

I was playing the thumped version of "Where's Wally" before the gig started.

I never really understood the crying girls with the Beatles but about three songs in I starting tearing. Seriously. I don't know what came over me.

That photo was crap, heres a better one

Attachments

• 06042009885.jpg
    06042009885.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 92
I was playing the thumped version of "Where's Wally" before the gig started.

I never really understood the crying girls with the Beatles but about three songs in I starting tearing. Seriously. I don't know what came over me.

Have we met in "real" life?

We should all have the decency to wear avatar t-shirts at least at these things

Great snap.

That was hugely enjoyable. Great fun altogether. Pity it's a Monday, actually. :(

I liked one of his dancers. Anyone got her number?

My highlight:

Crosseyed and Painless.

I swear if it wasn't for the seats I would've 'sploded

Have we met in "real" life?

We should all have the decency to wear avatar t-shirts at least at these things

Once maybe about a year and a half ago. Large Mound CD release in the old Boom Boom Room. I never forget a face. I have an uncanny memory. I can actually scare some people with random bits that get lodged in my brain. I don't do it on purpose, some things just stick.

Once maybe about a year and a half ago. Large Mound CD release in the old Boom Boom Room. I never forget a face. I have an uncanny memory. I can actually scare some people with random bits that get lodged in my brain. I don't do it on purpose, some things just stick.

Sher say hi next gig sher :)

You were hoping against hope for that too? I have an urge to watch Stop Making Sense now. Sadly, I only had an old VHS copy. Why don't I own that on DVD? I must remedy this.

I work in the Concert Hall. I saw the setlist before the gig. But when he started firing out encores like nobody's business I got a little hopeful. I was standing next to him backstage. Couldn't bring myself to say anything though. I got to see that hot dancer close up though. She was definitely hot. She was taking the piss out of David Byrne telling him to step out of the Double Bass cases like Spinal Tap.

By the way, I knew the male dancer was called Stephen before he was introduced. I was about to guess it aloud. He looked like a Stephen.

Amazing gig. So many highlights ... the dancing thing was really spectacular. And she was hot. The other one also. Even Stephen was attractive enough too.

I'm really glad he didn't play Psychokiller at the end. What's the name of the second-last number he did? Long, hypnotic ... I think it's on either Fear Of Music or Remain In Light. It was unbelievable anyway.

It was awesome alright. Even without This Must Be The Place.

Jesus I hadn't even thought about the fact that he may have played that. I thought this concert was brilliant and was grinning like an eejit for hours afterwards.

Totally deadly!

edit: i was in the third row... just to the left of the stage as you look at it.
the complete pan-generational jiving to david byrne's awesomeness was truly inspiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back