Dancing related injuries. (2 Viewers)

Spam Javelin

I once tore my anterior cruciate ligament whilst attempting a spectacular 360 leaping spin with "pointing finish" flair.

After picking myself up of the dancefloor and enduring code ninjas cruel taunts I decided the best course of action was to go to the toilets and be sick in a cubicle.

Unfortunately, and much to code ninjas glee, my knee gave way again in the toilets, sending me off on a gently little pirouette that finished in the unrinal trough.

How I laughed the next day as the cast was applied to my leg.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Yes.
Making you stand up for about six hours outside the Barge the following week was particularly hilarious.

heh, i laugh out loud everytime i think about that story.

Was that the same thing that happened on your birthday recently?

Lefty Frizzell said:
heh, i laugh out loud everytime i think about that story.

Was that the same thing that happened on your birthday recently?

Indeed it was. Four times torn and counted. I'd say its as thin as a tread now.

I twisted something during a ceili to 'Ballai Luimnigh'' then walked the hour home, over the rocky shite of Inis Oirr. The next day, my entire foor was a virulet purplish black with twisting streaks of pus-coloured yeller.
It was worth it.

FNS250406005_800.jpg

Spam Javelin's rug-cutting days were about to come to an abrupt end...

I was playing pool once, I won a game, after losing 5, so I did a little dance. But i fell awkwardly on my foot. And fainted. then I woke up, said "no no lads, im grand im grand!" and as soon as I tried to walk I fainted again.

In all I fainted about 7 times. Painful foot. Shame. Townies laughing at me. Parent's none too impressed the next morning. I'm fine now though.

Spam Javelin said:
Clearly not when I play you. Rolls Royce cue action my arse.

Lefty was on fire on Saturday. I have the sub-Colour of Money pictures to prove it.

seanc said:
I was playing pool once, I won a game, after losing 5, so I did a little dance. But i fell awkwardly on my foot. And fainted. then I woke up, said "no no lads, im grand im grand!" and as soon as I tried to walk I fainted again.

In all I fainted about 7 times. Painful foot. Shame. Townies laughing at me. Parent's none too impressed the next morning. I'm fine now though.
did you say 'eep' as you fainted?

a few days back i woke up with an excruciating pain in my neck.. i figured i'd slept on it funny.. it wasn't till the next day that i remembered the copious amount of headbanging i'd been doing at the redneck manifesto gig... ouchies.

Super Dexta said:
did you say 'eep' as you fainted?

a few days back i woke up with an excruciating pain in my neck.. i figured i'd slept on it funny.. it wasn't till the next day that i remembered the copious amount of headbanging i'd been doing at the redneck manifesto gig... ouchies.

No, I wasn't scared. My eyes rolled to the back of my head in time with the black ball rolling into the pocket. My legs gave way, and I accepted my fate.

It's been a long time since I had any headbanging nex injuries, they're the best.

seanc said:

Glad to hear you're ok now. Twisted ankle, eh?

I didn't faint even once when I hurt myself though.

Thats because I'm really strong and brave.

Spam Javelin said:
I once tore my anterior cruciate ligament whilst attempting a spectacular 360 leaping spin with "pointing finish" flair.

After picking myself up of the dancefloor and enduring code ninjas cruel taunts I decided the best course of action was to go to the toilets and be sick in a cubicle.

Unfortunately, and much to code ninjas glee, my knee gave way again in the toilets, sending me off on a gently little pirouette that finished in the unrinal trough.

How I laughed the next day as the cast was applied to my leg.

Sound familiar to anyone?

I feel your pain!

I tore mine while dancing with a very drunk work colleague (I was also wearing very ill-advised shoes) at the company christmas party. He tried to spin me, I moved, shoes didn't and down I went.

My chosen solution - lots of alcohol - certainly helped with the pain. Somehow I was reportedly doing the can-can with a bunch of the girls later :eek:

I ended up being carried home and couldn't even leave the apartment to go to the doctors for about 2 days... two weeks on crutches and a lot of "so that's why you were falling down so much that night".

:eek:

Spam Javelin said:
Glad to hear you're ok now. Twisted ankle, eh?

I didn't faint even once when I hurt myself though.

Thats because I'm really strong and brave.

No twasn't a twisted ankle, I laugh in the face of twisted ankles.
I sort of went to stand on my toes, but my foot bent over on itself it you know what i mean. It was a major owey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back