Damien Rice: a national treasure (1 Viewer)

I like one or two of the guys songs. Em ... Cannonball and that other good one. The rest seem to be mostly just stray thoughts from inside his head, which is all very fine but I prefer SONGS, y'know?

I can't begrudge him releasing the same song over and over though. Our album has songs on it that were written probably before some of yiz were born

Strangely enough, a friend of mine who has played with a lot of irish artists told me the other day he has never listened to Damien Rice.

Calls himself a professional.

Pfft!

(And Vinnie, I didn't say thank God. I said thank god (Small G)).

And you're right.

Christ, we really are a nation of begrudgers, aren't we?

Obviously, Damien Rice isn't for everyone. But he's most definitely talented.

Why can't we all agree to like what we like and thank god for the diversity?

Goff, I hate that "we're a nation of begrudgers" argument that's hauled out every time someone slags a semi successful or successful Irish band/artist e.g. The Frames, Rice, The Thrills and whoever else. If you don't like the band or the naval gazing, touchy feely singer songwriter type fair enough - it's down to your own taste. Doesn't make you a begrudger.

Am I a begrudger for thinking James Blunt is a cunt or is it ok because he's not Irish?

BEGRUDGE THIS!!!

Willie-Nelson.jpg

I JUST PLAIN OLD FASHIONED FIND HIS MUSIC BORING.

I'M ALLOWED. I FIND THAT THERE'S PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD WHO WHO ARE RUBBISH. COZ SOMEONE IS IRISH AND SUCCESSFUL I GOTTA PRETEND I LIKE WHAT THEY DO?? WHAT THE FUCK??

BEGRUDGE MY SHINY WHITE ASS WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!!!

ALLAHQUAANNNDO!!!

I'm struggling here lads, what's my opinion supposed to be?

I think it's supposed to be that you should be happy for any Irish band/solo artist for doing well, regardless of whether you rate them or not. Fair dues and all that. Otherwise you are a pricky begrudging ould shite.

Eh huh?

Goff, I hate that "we're a nation of begrudgers" argument that's hauled out every time someone slags a semi successful or successful Irish band/artist e.g. The Frames, Rice, The Thrills and whoever else. If you don't like the band or the naval gazing, touchy feely singer songwriter type fair enough - it's down to your own taste. Doesn't make you a begrudger.

Am I a begrudger for thinking James Blunt is a cunt or is it ok because he's not Irish?

By "We" I mean "We", including myself.

We ARE a nation of begrudgers. We do put people down because they have a modicum of success. We also put them down because they're shite.

There's nothing wrong with being a nation of begrudgers.

I probably came across all wrong. I thought all the comments were funny.

god, I'm such a HATER these days. Only positivity from me from now on, promise. This video made me laugh too much to not link to though. And you can't, eh, throw your gun away when it's loaded, or something. Is that a metaffa or somefing then, Damien?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I went to his gig there last week in Melbourne. I was bored the entire time.
He's talented etc etc but I don't like his musak.
I spent most of the time looking up at the roof and thinking about being able to fly and thinking about what I was going to say in confession.

maybe i'm autistic.

There was a part however when he used his pedals to make a nice big wall of noise. That was good.

Also the unexpected
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
song; I liked that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back