Damien Rice: a national treasure (2 Viewers)

Dktr. Faustus

Hello. I'm just sitting at home, cogitating over the year and its products. Many collections of humans have come together and created some inspiring collections of frequency-tweaking to create aural pleasure for us all. Tonight, my focus has been drawn homeward, because Ricer is playing the local indie venue. His presence here has reminded me of the sonic contribution he has made to the pool of ear honey we have available to us. Thankfully for me, he's still relatively unknown here and I can see him in a cosy venue with quick and easy access to alcoholic refreshment. I don't know if this will continue to occur, but I feel I should count my blessings for tonight.

Have you, by any chance, got the brandy and pipe out Doctor?

I find the pipe, and a bit of brandy helps my cogitating no end.

pipe%20smoker.jpg

Its just the way he recites the way we all feel about the world in these unstable times...like you know theres so much violence and all but still in the end we're all part of a big family

on a somewhat related note, i really like the Cake Sale album! does that make me broken? If anyone else, like me, enjoys the reindeer section stuff, it's the same kindof vibe (skipping the conor deasy song that is).

on a somewhat related note, i really like the Cake Sale album! does that make me broken? If anyone else, like me, enjoys the reindeer section stuff, it's the same kindof vibe (skipping the conor deasy song that is).

I like bits I've heard but that song Conor Deasy sings is PAINFUL to listen to. I mean he can't really sing like that can he? Does his singing voice translate to that whine all the time, even if say he sang the Auld Triangle or something? Bizarre. Fair play to Brian Crosby for organising the album though.

damian rice and austin curry should do a duet called "wheres the beef?"

hohoho! janer could distribute! Arf!!!
PAPA DON RECORDS.

AND FOR THE RECORD... DAMIEN RICE MAKES SOME OF THE MOST BORING MUSIC EVER. GIVE IT A COUPLE OF YEARS AND HE'LL BE ALL OVER ADS. IT'S JUST THAT FUCKIN' UNEVENTFUL THAT CORPORATIONS WILL THINK IT'S COOL AND THE CHART ALBUM BUYERS WILL LAP UP WHATEVA THEY'RE SELLIN'.

JON BON JOVI TOLD DAVE FANNY THAT HE REALLY LIKES HIM.

A CUNT TALKIN' TO A FANNY ABOUT A PUSSY.

OSAMA BE ANGRY.

NO QUANDO FOR YOU DAMIEN SIDE DISH

rices honest and delicate lyrics will linger in your head like fragile feathers suspended by a million collective sighs from unrequited love ...

That bit I mean Lefty. Won't let me edit my post for some reason.

Did you make that up?

Ah no, i read that somewhere.

I love that Damien's Rice song

Weeping kittens cycling tiny rainbow bikes,
All around my heart and soul,
Laughing tears of joy as they go,
Because they know,
I will always love you so.
Oooh ooooh, I love to love your love,

Oh yeah. Is that the song where damien rices vocal is subtly fragranced with soothing cello?

Christ, we really are a nation of begrudgers, aren't we?

Obviously, Damien Rice isn't for everyone. But he's most definitely talented.

Why can't we all agree to like what we like and thank god for the diversity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back