Damaged Passport (1 Viewer)

kings lead hat

My passport is well worn,
at the side of the photo has come apart and although its only ever been noticed once, whats the story with getting a new one?

Is there a massive fee?

Is it the same as a new passport?

hope not

pls advise

kindly yours

i had to pay about 50 quid to get a new passport.

i had to go into the irish consulate to get some form to send off to Eire and then wait ages for a new passport to be sent out to me.. can't remember how long - could have have been over a month. All i remember was that it only arrived a few days before I was travelling somewhere.

also I remember having serious hassle getting a signature on the form from a professional referee... it says you need a GP, Policeman, Priest, College Lecturer to sign it... basically nobody would sign it except for a lecturer I know.

they may have changed the form.

This is in the UK, right? I had the same problem and got a replacement last month.

The fees have gone up recently - I paid £70. If you submit your application in person at the Passport Office in London you can have your passport in two weeks or less; if you do it by post it can be ages. The reason for the difference is apparently that they can do a bunch of checks immediately at the counter whereas postal applications get chucked on a big pile until a staff member has some free time.

If you submit your application in person at the Passport Office in London you can have your passport in two weeks or less; if you do it by post it can be ages. The reason for the difference is apparently that they can do a bunch of checks immediately at the counter whereas postal applications get chucked on a big pile until a staff member has some free time.

oh yea - I had to do mine by post.

did you have to get that official signature?

I know someone that used one of these to fix the exact same problem after being told by check in staff that they wouldn't get through US immigration.;)

uhu-gluepen.gif

Obviously you need to let it dry properly. And maybe stick the passport under a pile of books with cling film protecting it from the glue inside and out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back