Daftest or most embarasssing thing your dad said (1 Viewer)

manky mongrel

Website
Visit site
They're mad. What makes them do the things they do?

Once I was with my dad and he told a work colleague of his that he looked "saucy"

"Looking saucy today Jim"

Jim was from England, where saucy means sexy as far as I know. Or at least cheeky in a come-hither way.

I asked him afterwards what he meant and he said "Oh you know, chipper, energetic." You'd think I'd have been beyond embarassment at this point, having gone through this kind of thing for like 20 years or whatever. But no.

If I ever graduate to being one myself, I plan to be equally as embarassing.

me fambly and me were at this wake after a grand-aunt's funeral and on the way out the door me dad told the widower 'jaysus, that's the best party i've been at in a long time'.

it was a good wake allright i'll give him that

Yars ago my da overheard my older sister telling me this youngwan of 15 years o' age from up the road was up the duff. So he took it upon himself to say to her dad the next time he saw him 'Ah Sean, I hear congratulations are in order, I believe young Mary is expecting'*

Now, what the fuck Papa thought he was doing congratulating the father of some young'wan who was up the stick at the tender age of 15 is beyond me, but, and here comes the worst bit - it wasn't even true, it was just some gossip doing the rounds at school...

*names have been changed to protect the innocent

My friend's dad walked into the wrong house once. The woman there thought he had stopped by for a visit and asked him if he wanted tea and, too embarassed to admit that he'd walked into the wrong house, he sat down and chatted for half an hour.

My Dad speaks FAR too loudly on the phone... and says "smashing" a lot
Also my late granfather thought youd break the telly if you changed channels too fast with the remote controll... aw bless

My da was sitting in his car outside a shop in Wexford once waiting for my brothers for finish buying their sweets. The back door opened and a woman he didn't know thrust her two kids into the back seat, giving out and hitting them a few skelps as she did. Then she opened the passenger door and sat in. Then she turned to my astonished da and said 'Who are you?'

Originally posted by egg_
My da was sitting in his car outside a shop in Wexford once waiting for my brothers for finish buying their sweets. The back door opened and a woman he didn't know thrust her two kids into the back seat, giving out and hitting them a few skelps as she did. Then she opened the passenger door and sat in. Then she turned to my astonished da and said 'Who are you?'

and your dad was embarrising to you how?

Originally posted by Ian

and your dad was embarrising to you how?

Oh em ... hmmm good point. Seems I didn't read the thread title very carefully

Let me see ... well when I was 9 or 10 my da used to take great pleasure in acting like a mad fucker and threatening all my friends that he'd 'burst' them if they didn't 'pipe down' whenever he'd be giving us lifts, all the while wearing a knackered old aran cardigan and furiously smoking his pipe. I suspect he used to think that they'd find this as funny as he did, but they used to just think he was a nutbag

wellety,wellety,wellety my dad is also embarrassing but ive learned to laugh at it...although at christmas twas not easily done....basically when i was younger my dad used to go away for six months at a time,anyway myself and members of the family were sitting round the table having some crimbo drinks and they were saying to him 'oh wasn't it hard being away from home blahblah blah u must have really missed the wife etc' well my dad replied that he was 'grand because he had pamela and her five sisters for company' whilst making a certain hand gesture.....i swear i thought i was going to die...

My Dad is great.... he is proud of his conservatism.... however, he does come out with a heap of racist comments.

But one time we were in France and there were two fishermen trying to take a fish off a hook. Naturally my father stepped in to help. However he doesn't speak a word of French.... so he spoke to them in English with a crap French accent...they hadn't a clue what he was saying....

I generally embarrass myself though....

My dad was at the Dead languages gig

when Paul O'Reilly was going mental with his 20 minute noise stuff...

my dad was yelling "Get off!! Get off!!"

I was embarrased, but it was also sooo funny.

I was in a pretty packed video shop once with my dad when I was about 14/15 and of course he was drunk. After looking at the new releases (ghostbusters, porkys II, etc) my dad proceeds to pick up some video case and SHOUTS to the video guy - "Is there any "jiggy jiggy" in this one."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back