Cuttooth - Elements Debut Album Release (1 Viewer)

psycho

Website
www.psychonavigation.com
Artist: Cuttooth
Title:
Elements
Cat No
: PSY 045
Release Date: 19th September 2011
Format: Digipack CD / Digital Download
Label: Psychonavigation
Barcode: 705105309514

Cuttooth aka Nick Cooke is based in Newcastle Upon Tyne however he’s originally from Northumberland. ‘Elements’ his debut album manages to perfectly join the dots between downtempo beats and dubstep which can be enjoyed equally in a club or in the stoned privacy of your living room.. In his own words Nick says : The idea behind the album was that I'd come off the back of doing the Forcefield Kids stuff, I then decided that other people are far too unreliable to work with so decided to make a solo record. I went back over some old beats, heavily edited them, changed them around and made them into coherent instrumental tracks. That gave me the first couple of tracks. From there I just went on and wrote a ton of stuff and developed the better things into proper songs. I really loved Los Angeles by Flying Lotus and though I'd been making weird hip-hop beats for years I never really felt part of that scene. I was always basically a little bit disappointed with the lack of effort a lot of hip-hop producers put into their beats and always felt that it was possible to do something more, which is why when I heard that record and the records that I found through that I was like 'This is what I want to do'. Just concentrating on really pushing what I perceived that hip-hop beats could do, experimenting with some really loose rhythms and trying to fuck with people's perception of time and groove a little bit. It came out alright.

More on Cuttooth: [url]http://www.soundcloud.com/cuttooth[/URL]

Buy here : http://www.psychonavigation.com/cuttooth.html

http://igloomag.com/reviews/cuttooth-elements-psychonavigation

Cuttooth (also known as Nick Cooke) breaths life into shimmering instruments and loosened hip-hop to extract brushed vocals that cascade left, right and center. Crackling layers dance among delicate visions of electric spheres as peculiar pathways lead to cyclic memories of the past. It’s all here, tucked away curiously and with a certain elemental direction. Breaking pre-conceived notions of time, each piece barely pushes the two and a half minute mark. The flow of seamless elements is manifested via experimental interludes, inspiring samples and a cadence that floats across dried-out sand dunes. Vocals ebb and flow through the landscape veering between echoes of Vanessa Daou, lyrical chopping of Machinedrum and shadows of Deceptikon. Yet there’s a peace, space and calm in between each colorful sizzle.
Downbeat might be Elements‘ exterior lining, however, burred within its sixteen emotive selections is a beam of light radiating curiosity, wonder, and a sense of positivity. Cuttooth’s skillful use of direct electronic manipulation and subtle ambient flourishes allows Elements to feel at home with the listener. Even with the abundance of static-charges, sparkling digital fuzz and ashes of yesteryear’s ambient-electronic tendencies, it all simmers in one cohesive extension of lost time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back