cute animal conflict; (1 Viewer)

JohnnyRaz

where the crow ate the man
Supporter
for all lovers of the cute and fluffy;
whats you position on cute animals eating or otherwise screwing over other cute animals? does it diminish their cute rating?

for example; ive just found out that these cute lil' things

Pine%20Marten1001.jpg

eat these adorable little tree rats

grey-squirrel-eating.jpg

who, as we all know are bad news for the critters below;

wet%20red%20squirrel%20patio.jpg

That a black footed ferret on the top pic there? Their cuteness is not diminished by the fact they eat also cute prarie dogs.

I had this same cuteness conflict when I was watching David Attenborough's Blue Planet. There they all were, in the arctic, and a BABY POLAR BEAR was trying desperately to eat a BABY SEAL. And what of the baby arctic fox?

The problem is that because the arctic is so chilly, most of the animals who live there are either furry water-dwellers with chubby features that keep them warm and increase their cuteness, or they are super furry and fluffy, which does the same. So they're gonna eat each other, and I have a real issue with this.

Cute should not eat other cute. It's just NOT RIGHT.

That a black footed ferret on the top pic there? Their cuteness is not diminished by the fact they eat also cute prarie dogs.

pine marten; there fondness for a bit of grey squirrel might be the native red squirels last hope, according to my reading of the article in the times today.

Doesn't that make it ok?

i personally couldnt give a bollix. a country childhood has me well inured to the fact that cute things eat other cute things. just wanted to see what the lovers of the cute and fluffys opinion was on cute-on-cute violence/predation

i personally couldnt give a bollix. a country childhood has me well inured to the fact that cute things eat other cute things. just wanted to see what the lovers of the cute and fluffys opinion was on cute-on-cute violence/predation

thats not to say that Im anti-red squirell or anything.

pine marten; there fondness for a bit of grey squirrel might be the native red squirels last hope, according to my reading of the article in the times today.
Surely if he'd ate a grey squirrel then he'd ate a red one.

I saw a pine marten coming out of a bin at Lough Gur years ago. They're cool.

a6302_1551.jpg

In conclusion, animals are cool, no matter what/who they eat. Not so with humans of course.

Watch a doc last weekend about wild dogs in Africa. They showed footage of young pups getting their first kill and ripping some fawn to pieces. They were still cute though. Case closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back