Cut The Reins- Songs Up Now!! (3 Viewers)

MikeReins

Website
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, Just thought I'd make a post to let everyone know we've gotten up 3 new songs of our upcoming album all mix and mastered by Mr James Eager himself and sounds great. Let us know what you think. Our album ' Man Made Dust ' should be out in the next month and a half, the Art's done by Glynn Scrawled and looks beautiful.
Let us know what you think,
-mike

Just listening to them now. Silenced and Shot is quality, I really like how clear the vocals are. Looking forward to the album.

Thanks guys, Yeah we were thinking the same. Just going listen to it a 1,000 times over tonight and make the small changes. Behind Enemy Lines is one of our favorite bands.

While I'm a Bass fan Skubol is absolutely spot on, listening to the 1st now Silenced and shot and yeah it's decent, especially the fast bits, vocalist is good.
#2 The Hunter is even better, esp the fast bits, #3 reminds me too much of Moshed space HC and not a great fan of that, the vocalist is def very good though.
I too now look forward to the signed album. ;)

Sounds great.
I'd even out the levels a bit myself but thats a personal preference.Vox eq is lovely,I need to hear the words or I drift off and they're nice and clear.Good separation too.
Good job.Well done.:).|..|

Yeah snare is really loud and poppy (only on the snare rolls though -
level seems fine in the fast d-beat bits as he's not hitting as hard)
Other than that it sounds promising. How far along is this mix wise?

Yeah snare is really loud and poppy (only on the snare rolls though -
level seems fine in the fast d-beat bits as he's not hitting as hard)
Other than that it sounds promising. How far along is this mix wise?

i'd say its nearly done now, hopefully the album will be out in like a month or so, cant wait

While this isn't the kind of thing I'd normally listen to a lot (translation: it doesn't sound like an old Swedish death metal band), those tracks are very good, and nicely put together. There's some nice ideas/structuring going on rather than just verse-chorus-verse-chorus, which is cool to hear, and the fact that the three songs don't alike is impressive. Timing's a little sloppy in places but other than that, no complaints. Also, the lack of any pointless "wooah woah woah" bullshit or gang backing vocals is greatly appreciated. Good stuff. Another fine addition to the Galway canon.
The singer is actually American right? That's not a fake accent?

Hey guys. Just listening to the songs now. I like what I'm hearing. There's a fair few different influences going on there, nice going tying it all together successfully (unlike my attempts to make progressive sounding stuff, which is why I always fall back on pop-punk :)).
As for the mix, yeah, I'd say just bring the snare down a fraction, and perhaps a small boost on the guitars (maybe just the higher frequencies), but that's just nitpicking. All in all it's pretty fuckin awesome! Can't wait to hear more.

If any distro's are interested we're trying to get our cd into as many distros/shops as we can. If anyone can help we'd be most appreciated.

a little review of our album by Joe at Hardcore Times.net
"Galway Ireland's Cut The Reins whose mix of modern neo-crust and more accessible melodic hardcore suggests that’ll be worth keeping an ear out for. These boys have spent a year writing, gigging and fine tuning their sound into a heavier beast that has enough of a metallic undercurrent and feeling of genuine disillusionment to keep those of a more metallic taste interested. Again, thought and care has been put into structure, and while not quite as eye popping furious as some, the conviction in the music is evident.

The pace is fast throughout and drives home with the almost post apocalyptic "Ask the Ashes". Cut the Reins do not offer blue skies and hope ,but remind us of the many things that we stand by and let happen in our homes, our lives and our planet. The album sleeve and insert/lyric sheet/mini poster are printed on recycled paper and are the artwork is both beautiful and thought provoking. "

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back