CRITICAL MASS (1 Viewer)

Stephen

Since 1999
critical mass on Saturday January 26th at 2pm at Parnell square.

For those of you who don't know Critical Mass is a bike ride around the city. Which is meant to just be a bit of a laugh. The ride itself is deliberately slow to help the cars understand that cyclists too are traffic.
The usual funny thing being cars complaining we should get off the road when if we were all in cars and they were stuck in "traffic" they wouldn't complain at all.

So if you are doing nothing join us.
For some history check out: http://www.scorcher.org/cmhistory/

I don't have a bike (or a car BTW), but let me tell ya:
My gaf looks out on the quays, just by Zanzibar - and seeing all of ye pedalling by is always a nice sight.
I might buy some confetti and sprinkle it over your socially aware little be-halo'd heads.

It's be a lot cooler if you got a crew of stunt BMXers tho - that' draw some attention.

Stephen (17 Jan, 2002 12:07 p.m.):
The ride itself is deliberately slow to help the cars understand that cyclists too are traffic.

So does this mean you won't be going through red lights when you feel like it, or going the wrong way down one way streets, or cycling on the footpath around Stephens Green because the one way system doesn't suit you, or paying absolutely no attention to the several tons of metal approaching from behind when changing lanes?

Grand so.

pete (17 Jan, 2002 12:14 p.m.):
So does this mean you won't be going through red lights when you feel like it, or going the wrong way down one way streets, or cycling on the footpath around Stephens Green because the one way system doesn't suit you, or paying absolutely no attention to the several tons of metal approaching from behind when changing lanes?

That of course is a personal thing but I personally would like to promote less arrogant traffic interaction. Including poxy pedestrians who walk in front of cyclists.
I don't think most people understand how little people see cyclists. I mean the only traffic accident I was ever in was when I mowed down a pedestrian in Blackrock. (Who walked out in front of me).

"I don't think most people understand how little people see cyclists. "

Little people can see cyclists just as well as anyone else.

pete (17 Jan, 2002 02:29 p.m.):
I admire your use of the phrase "mowed down".

top marks

Well I did fuck him up bad.

I mean he was a scum bag and was pretty dazed for a while and then coped on that he could kill me. And so I had to get on the bike rather quick to the taunts of "I'll kick the shit out of you". I reckon he'll be doing the safe cross code from now on. stupid prick.

And i still have the scar to prove it all.

Someday you'll make a great car owner Stephen.

Will CM always be on Saturdays from now on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back