Credit Union Loans (1 Viewer)

if you want to open an account in a credit union does it have to be the one closest to where you're living? i've been wanting to start a savings account for about a year, but my local one doesn't seem very realiable as far as opening hours...

or is there a better place to save?

eyelish said:
if you want to open an account in a credit union does it have to be the one closest to where you're living? i've been wanting to start a savings account for about a year, but my local one doesn't seem very realiable as far as opening hours...

the one closest to where you live or work, i think

eyelish said:

im a member of a credit union that isnt necessarily closest to me.
the one closest to me has fucking ridiculous opening hours.
in general though you do have to stay local enough, theres definitly a cut off point with regards to people joining from other towns/postal codes and such...
gotta keep it local.

mr pharmacist said:
im a member of a credit union that isnt necessarily closest to me.
the one closest to me has fucking ridiculous opening hours.
in general though you do have to stay local enough, theres definitly a cut off point with regards to people joining from other towns/postal codes and such...
gotta keep it local.

There's some principle of community I think.

Local geographically is good.

For those who join one through work...you can stay with them after retirement, but the one I'min expects you to ship out a number of years after you resign.

is that the auighrim st one? I keep meaning to join that one.
I have an account out in Celbridge but I foolishly revealed to them a while ago that I haven't actually lived there for about 40 billion years and now they won't let me use it anymore. Bastards.

eyelish said:

kirstie said:
is that the auighrim st one? I keep meaning to join that one.
I have an account out in Celbridge but I foolishly revealed to them a while ago that I haven't actually lived there for about 40 billion years and now they won't let me use it anymore. Bastards.

yeah, i think i've seen it open twice in the past year. i guess it must be open on saturdays, but i wouldn't be going past there much on saturdays.

so if you open an account in one area, do you have to close it and move to another credit union/whatever if you move? i assume that if you have a loan taken out in one area and you move its a different story, and you're stuck with that branch until its paid off?

yeah, they're independant of each other and all publish accounts and stuff at the end of each year so if you take out a loan with one branch, you can't pay it back through another i don't think. I don't know about having multiple accounts in different places though, but probably not.

I'm guessing all this stuff would be on here:
http://www.creditunion.ie/
eyelish said:
yeah, i think i've seen it open twice in the past year. i guess it must be open on saturdays, but i wouldn't be going past there much on saturdays.

so if you open an account in one area, do you have to close it and move to another credit union/whatever if you move? i assume that if you have a loan taken out in one area and you move its a different story, and you're stuck with that branch until its paid off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back