creative jazz musicians (1 Viewer)

marco.santaroni

I'm a double bass player (32 y.o.) from Rome now based in Dublin, looking to start a collaboration with creative jazz musicians, Ideally reeds, woodwind or brass players. Drums/percussions could be eventually added in a second stage.
No beginners or posers please. A good knowledge of the jazz idiom and some standards are necessary along with the ability to perform in public.
The repertoire: tunes from various sources (but mostly classic and modern jazz standards) arranged and/or radically revisited. Free improvisation will be an essential feature of the project(s). Original compositions will be part of the material and any ideas welcome and developed.
The aim: build interplay and an original sound, start giggin soon and develop original compositions/revisitations. Rehearse wont be too binding. Once an understanding is settled there's virtually no need to rehearse, except for original material.
Stuff I like include Mingus, Dolphy, Dave Holland, Ornette, Art Ensemble of Chicago, John Zorn Masada, Ken Vandermark, Mats Gustaffson, Zu, Tin Hat trio... I also enjoy Hardcore and Grindcore!
If interested drop me some lines about yourself and your idea of "jazz".

hi, i'd love to do this, but i'm a poser, so maybe a problem there.
however, my chops are awesome, like, but i'm a complete fucktard that nobody would ever want to play with. but, i'd be amazing at posing the hell out of whatever it is yer trying to do. and even though it's not what you're after, i secretly think that it is.
and any other non-poser projects you've got going on, i'd be mad into that too.
so give us a shout like. Tra laaa, roight.

Stuff I like include Mingus, Dolphy, Dave Holland, Ornette, Art Ensemble of Chicago, John Zorn Masada, Ken Vandermark, Mats Gustaffson, Zu, Tin Hat trio... I also enjoy Hardcore and Grindcore!
If interested drop me some lines about yourself and your idea of "jazz".

Hi Marco,
my name is Armando I'm from Italy as well. I play tenor saxophone and I like most of the music you mentioned. I play because I like it and I am not a professional. I love improvvising but I can also read music sheets. Please contact me if you are still looking for someone to play with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back