crap restaurants. (1 Viewer)

rampz

cafe bar deli.

twice ive been there both times totally underwhelmed with horrible salty bland food. friendly waiters buh.

porto finos in howth

also, mcdonalds in phibsboro. stopped serving breakfast way too early the other day.

Mannedyret_-_Falling_Down.jpg

cafe bar deli in cork ain't too bad actually... in a kind of a it's-lunchtime-and-it's-nearby kind of a way.

this country is full of shit restaurants. in fact most places that sell food of any kind, (fast food, delis, kebab houses, cafés etc. etc.) are utter, utter shite.

if there's one thing that pisses me off it's shit food!

Went to the Black Bull in Drogheda a couple of months back and had a bad experience. The service was fine, as usual, but for my main course I ordered thai chilli prawns (which ended up just being prawns cooked in one of those sweet chilli dipping sauces) but the prawns were manky and gritty. When I said it to the guy serving us he was very apologetic but he must not have believed me because he came back a while later and said he'd tasted one of the prawns off my plate and agreed they were gritty. Cheek!

They were apologetic but I haven't been back since. A chef who doesn't even taste his own prawns isn't a good chef, IMHO.

agreed on cafe bar deli. got a chicken penne thing the last time i was there, chicken had tons of gristle on it. gross

that italian opposite the porter house on parliament st, mad rude staff.

here, where has the politest staff?
was in il posto last week, couldn't get over how nice the staff were. never in your face but everytime i even began to even think i wanted to ask for something they were right there. great grub too

I don't think Cafe Bar Deli is that bad. I've never gone in with high expectations and have never been disappointed. Havanna across the road is pretty bad. Also staying on Georges St, Brasserie 66.

I don't think Cafe Bar Deli is that bad. I've never gone in with high expectations and have never been disappointed. Havanna across the road is pretty bad. Also staying on Georges St, Brasserie 66.

Agree. Cafe Bar Deli is fine .... though I haven't been there in a while. But yeah ... Havana is absolute crap.

i think cafe bar deli is fine for what it is. i've had lovely pizzas there and their chocolate brownie dessert is yum.
i've only eaten in havana once and it is a little overpriced, but their lentil and chorizo stew is loooovely.

my friend ordered a pizza in cafe bar deli yesterday and it was served with a live 1 inch fat and juicy maggot on top.

the manager said when shown, 'oh no, this hasnt happened in a lonnnng time'.

GROSS>

Holy shit! My sister-in-law got food poisioning there from a pizza with salmon on it last year too ..... I've gone off it big-time after hearing that ...

my friend ordered a pizza in cafe bar deli yesterday and it was served with a live 1 inch fat and juicy maggot on top.

the manager said when shown, 'oh no, this hasnt happened in a lonnnng time'.

GROSS>

Similar happened to me (large slug on a salad) in a restaurant in town and the repsonse was "Oh, we won't charge you for that"
Not sure if they meant the slug or the salad but I did not stay to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back