Cork Math-Madness (1 Viewer)

brianMy Remorse

Website
www.myremorse.com
FREDS
FRIDAY 3RD SEPTEMBER:

ZILLAH (Extremely talented Scottish "math-core" band, similar to Mastodon, Burnt By The Sun)

BLACK SUN (Technical and heavy, similar to Godflesh and The Swans)
+
MY REMORSE

9pm 4euro entry

Be there or be boring

if there's no standard differential coefficients at this, i'll want my money back.

seriously, it sounds v. good. i had a dream about my remorse the other night.

no marriage this time, unfortunately. i just remember thinking 'god, this is very iron maiden'.

I might even go, you know. I got to be in clonakilty that afternoon, so it's only a short hop from there. At least one band has to have lyrics like "Given that x = 1 + sin theta, y = sin theta -1/2 cos 2theta, show that (d^2y)/(dx^2) = 2" though, or I will feel short-changed.

There is no theta button on keyboards :(

except our math teacher pronounced it TAY-TA, what a decrepid aul cunt he was!
well apparently these guys are math to the nth degree, the zenith of all mathness.
let one of us know if ya need a place to crash.

Super Dexta said:
no marriage this time, unfortunately. i just remember thinking 'god, this is very iron maiden'.

I might even go, you know. I got to be in clonakilty that afternoon, so it's only a short hop from there. At least one band has to have lyrics like "Given that x = 1 + sin theta, y = sin theta -1/2 cos 2theta, show that (d^2y)/(dx^2) = 2" though, or I will feel short-changed.

Given that y = x - 1 - 1/2 cos 2theta, I *very* much doubt the answer is 2.

Frankly, I'm disappointed. If you'd at least shown your workings I mighta been able to give you partial credit, but there you go...

Super Dexta said:

Oh wait, now I get, the lyrics are ironic. :D :D :D I get it, I get jokes:D :D :D ....yeah..... My apologies, carry on.

Jimmy Magee said:
Given that y = x - 1 - 1/2 cos 2theta, I *very* much doubt the answer is 2.

Frankly, I'm disappointed. If you'd at least shown your workings I mighta been able to give you partial credit, but there you go...
don't blame me, blame k.a. stroud and his 'engineering mathematics, third edition'. it was him what said it.

What can I say, us Cork ones are mad for our maths. I'll be spouting second order differential equations like there's no tomorrow at this gig.

Super Dexta said:
here you go. you can copy and paste from here ... q

and for all your future mathematical needs:

a b g d e z h q k l m n x p r s t f j c y w G D Q L X F Y W

deadly, nice sized room, not too big, not too clean, roof garden nearby..

...as long as you can get the barstaff to turn off the stereo, or you're not a quiet band

where;s the rolleyes icon? this browser is SHIT.

went there a few months ago for the first time in ages, and the circlepit guidance arrows i gaffa-taped on the floor when I was 17 are still there! nostalgia at age 20: it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back