Convert tracks on DAT tape to .WAV files? (1 Viewer)

Beanstalk

Website
www.myspace.com
Does anybody know how (or Where) to convert tracks on DAT tapes to .WAV files?

I've got an old demo on DAT that I would like to re-mix on my PC, but I don't have a DAT player...maybe I can rent one and connect to my PC?

Originally posted by egg_
Em ... Beanstalk you do know you're not going to be able to remix it unless each individual track from the recording session is separate on the DAT, don't ya?
(hope I'm not insulting you here)

Egg, I know nothing about DAT so no insult taken. I do know that I'll need the individual tracks, but I am presuming that all the tracks are stored individually on the DAT. I'll be fairly pissed off if this isn't the case.

So assuming that all the raw tracks are there, is there any way of converting to WAV files...is it a long drawn out process?

you should be able to run the dat from its outs to your computer sound in using an RCA to minijack cable. The open your favourite sound recording software and record each track straight in (if you can record 2 or more tracks a t one then do it that way).

Then you'll prolly have to clean up the tracks, re-sync them and then remix.

i think

Originally posted by dubh in seattle
hey beaneristic--
when joo gonnaz be round dubbers? i'm here now, can't wait to see youse play that rawknrawl...

ell Dubh...how's the Irish life treating you...I'm sure it hasn't been too difficult to climatise yourself to the surroundings...lots of booze and shite weather...a home away from home! We've been back practicing over the last month with a second guitar player, so hopefully in a month we'll be up in Dawblin soon scrounging for a support slot, making lots of pretty noise. I'll give you a shout when we get our lazy arses up there..|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back