Conversations With Taxi Drivers (1 Viewer)

got a taxi into town a few weeks back and spent the whole time me and him doing De Niro/Walken/Pacino/Colin Farrell/Gabriel Byrne impersonations, lines from movies, shooting the shit about music and his brother's failed band. it was deadly!!

he charged me and I was like "you've changed..".

I miss my friend.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to avernus again.

'Anywhere here is grand thanks...'

Oh man. I have uttered that exact phrase far too many times.
Do you ever try and mix it up a little? especially when you're half-passed out.

"Just here, chief" <-- the "assertive"
"Here's fine" <-- the "taciturn"
"Whu?! hrsgrndngggG" <-- the "usual"

Oh man. I have uttered that exact phrase far too many times.
Do you ever try and mix it up a little? especially when you're half-passed out.

"Just here, chief" <-- the "assertive"
"Here's fine" <-- the "taciturn"
"Whu?! hrsgrndngggG" <-- the "usual"

Too true.

I'm a big fan off 'this is where i live. But you knew that already didn't you...

Haven't had a funny conversation with a taximan in a while.
Tend to Nitelink it more often anyways. Last taximan I had was just kinda vaguely weird and overexcited.

Taximan: "howayeh! howayeh. *twitch*

Me: Hi hows it goin, Raheny DART station, please (I was meeting someone who was already on the train, kinda thing, and was behind schedule)

Taxi: "yer yer sure ting, yer, sound job.......*twitch* ye smell lovely there now, what's that, is that that Inis stuff? Is it? Is that the Inis stuff, is it? It smells very like that Inis stuff.

Me: "thanks, em, no its not that, I can't even remember the name of it to be honest, yknow"

Taxi: "So yeah...ah yeah....gas....*twitch* Glad yer not goin far coz I was just about to knock off. hahahhahhha"

Me: Long day, yeah? hahahahahaha

Taxi: "yeah, been on since 3, you're me first fare". (It was nearly 9pm)

Me: "....."

Taxi: yeah just getting back into it. *giggles* Was off for a few months, yknow, yeah, mad, sound, yeah, but then the girlfriend was on me to get back into it an all so today's me first day back but then I was out shopping earlier see? *giggles manically* And sure there I yam standin in the queue in fuckin Zara and the girlfriend rings me to see how the day is going and I'm like 'yeah great' but sure I was in the fuckin queue in Zara like yknow but sure she didn't know hahahaha mad ..... [and on and on and on ] *twitch* (I look and he has about 7 bags piled into the passenger seat area)

Taxi: So yer off out yeah?

ME: Yeah, yeah, just headi-

Taxi: (cuts me off.) Ah yeah I'll probably head out tomorrow night meself for two pints, maybe three. I'll enjoy that now, so i will, the two pints. *giggles alarmingly* Ah yeah, yknow. Two is grand, but then three is good too yknow? But sure I'd want a few more fares or I won't even be havin
even the one yknow? hahahaha I woulnd't be out for the two now every weekend, it kinda varies now, like last weekend I...{on and on]

Me: ANYWHERE HERE IS GRAND THANKS

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back