Conversations With Taxi Drivers (1 Viewer)

Bellatrix

Gah! It's like the post-knacker-drinking conversations you used to have with your parents, desperately trying to convince them you were sober.

"Yers. I defnly think propershy markesh in Dublins toshally crazzy. Weshud all move France. Graysh: simple life - goats, Alps, whatnot, gas. Yers, next left. Qualishy of life, very importansh. Yers. Thanks. Kbyeee."

"Yeah, I do think Dublin will win tomorrow"
"No, they had no right to march here. Fuck sake. Ah no, I know you're not a 'ra-head. Sure this is it. Rugby wha?"

image_nitelink_map.gif

7N = not an option. I usually see it stopped, with a police car pulled up in front of it, as I pass in a cab.

A good trick i have:

"was thinking about getting into this taxi driving business myself, would you reccomend it?"

Sleep all the way home. Might give you a few quid off the fare the odd time too ;)

"we need to get rid of these black taxi drivers. there's too many of em"
"what?!? because they're black?"
"no because they're stealin our business"

this was a taxi to leechrum... everyone sitting on each others laps and he still had the cheek to try and charge us a fiver each.

my favourite taxi conversation was as a result of me wearing the face off a youngfla just before i got into the taxi. cue a lecture all the way from wexford street to terenure about how i was too young to get seriously involved with anyone and i should just be out living my life and not getting tied down into a relationship. if i'd been able to get a word in edgeways i would have noted that me and the offending youngfla had a relationship that was strictly based around casual face-wearing and that the taxi driver had gotten completely the wrong end of the stick. but he just wouldn't be quiet.

our taxi driver last night was one of the ominous ones.
kinda wished for a chatty taxi driver after getting into his cab.
20 minute cab ride was punctuated by him really randomly turning up robbie williams' single to deafening volumes then back down. all the while staring at me and my mate in his read view mirror.
intense dude.

ahahahaha how i missed these.

when i was back at christmas i got a taxi home with a very friendly, opinionated dude. god love him.

him: "blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahimmigrants are getting a bad dealblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahim going to me sister's wedding next weekblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbertie ahern is a prickblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahdid you know some taxi drivers hate black people because they always tell them they're racist?"

me, bewildered and passing out in the back seat: "huh?"

got a taxi into town a few weeks back and spent the whole time me and him doing De Niro/Walken/Pacino/Colin Farrell/Gabriel Byrne impersonations, lines from movies, shooting the shit about music and his brother's failed band. it was deadly!!

he charged me and I was like "you've changed..".

I miss my friend.

I've had some great conversations with taxi drivers...

One guy had a musical quiz where he made my friend and I guess the musical from a snippet of a song he played - and he got us from town to Dalkey in 15 minutes.

Another guy told me all about his novel, Funnelweb, or something like that - about a funnerlweb spider and something or other.

Another one had the best suggestion ever for a millenium memorial - a giant elk made of marble on the Dublin/Wicklow mountains that could be seen from the city.

And the best one was a Cuban guy who told me about how he escaped on a boat himself and his friend made.

I think they're mostly sound. Well, the racist arseholes never talk to me because I'm black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back