contraception (3 Viewers)

nooleen

bad ape
Solutions
just wondering what the level of awareness about contraception is among the people of thumped - primarily the ladies, since the responsibility seems to fall on ladies to deal with contraceptive methods once you move beyond the realm of one-off one-night sex events - hormonal birth control (pill, mini-pill, nuva ring etc), intra-uterine devices, female barrier methods (e.g. diaphragms), tube-ties seem to be pretty standard in long-term relationships.

got any experiences to share?

i've just had a copper IUD fitted after my 4th emergency pill administration. i've heard a lot of great things about the IUD, also some bad things, but i reckon it's a good method.
it's offered by the NHS (and maybe in the irish system - i don't know, you need to check) for free as a more reliable alternative to the morning after pill, and once you have it fitted it will work as your primary form of contraception for 5 years (but doesn't protect against STIs so you need to be sure of the sexual health status of anyone you sleep with, otherwise insist on condoms).

i had read many accounts of IUD fittings on the net and expected it to be very painful but in fact it could at worst be described as discomfort. it's possible that i'm just lucky or else that i had mainly read american womens' accounts, and in the US the standard CuIUD is bigger than the standard type here.

there's a patch you can get.that goes on lower back / bum.
my ex highly recommends it. way safer than the pill. well, for her personally since its.......well, diferent somehow. check it out anyway.

i don't believe i've ever derepped you in my life. you're not really high enough on the relevance-ometer for that.

I'd be happy to go along with that except the fact that you de-repped me only the other day.

guess i'm so irrelevant you forgot

such is life

anyway, lets keep it on topic shall we?

I'd be happy to go along with that except the fact that you de-repped me only the other day.

guess i'm so irrelevant you forgot

such is life

anyway, lets keep it on topic shall we?
we could try, or you could keep making irrelevant pseudo-intelligent comments. do you have anything to add, or would you like to just fuck off?
discuss any knowledge you may have of contraceptive methods, or shut up and go back to the jacks to finish your menage a moi.

edit: oh yeah, i see i derepped you now for a similarly useless comment a few days ago.

we could try, or you could keep making irrelevant pseudo-intelligent comments. do you have anything to add, or would you like to just fuck off?
discuss any knowledge you may have of contraceptive methods, or shut up and go back to the jacks to finish your menage a moi.

edit: oh yeah, i see i derepped you now for a similarly useless comment a few days ago.

I had some humour to add which is usually allowed on thumped.com, it not being boards.ie.

It may not have been up to the standard of a well-scripted comedy or even a person possessed with a very quick wit which (I admit, I am generally not) but I don't think it quite warranted such abuse.

I'll take my leave now as I unfortunately have little else to add to your precious thread.

I had some humour to add which is usually allowed on thumped.com, it not being boards.ie.

It may not have been up to the standard of a well-scripted comedy or even a person possessed with a very quick wit which (I admit, I am generally not) but I don't think it quite warranted such abuse.

I'll take my leave now as I unfortunately have little else to add to your precious thread.
ah sorry john, humour is much appreciated. you're just not very funny though. law of the jungle. i don't make the rules.

My ex got an Implanon in her arm three years ago and is meant
to be getting it out this month.
It either worked great or either she and/or I are infertile.
There wasn't so much of the massive mood swing madness, the
weight gain or *ahem* loss of drive that affects some ladies on
the pill.
It was only fair that I should have been there to hold her hand
when it was inserted.
The syringe was the size of a thin pencil.
Fucking horrific sight, it has to be said.
You could feel it in her arm - it was like a matchstick.
She was told that getting it removed would be even more painful.
But now we've broken up and she didn't get pregnant so I guess
I'm off the hook for the removal, eh?

edit: I think I is John has every right to attempt humour whenever
he pleases! That thread is amazing.

16 year old girl + 16 year old boy that hates johnnies + internet = GOLD

My ex got an Implanon in her arm three years ago and is meant
to be getting it out this month.
It either worked great or either she and/or I are infertile.
There wasn't so much of the massive mood swing madness, the
weight gain or *ahem* loss of drive that affects some ladies on
the pill.
It was only fair that I should have been there to hold her hand
when it was inserted.
The syringe was the size of a thin pencil.
Fucking horrific sight, it has to be said.
You could feel it in her arm - it was like a matchstick.
She was told that getting it removed would be even more painful.
But now we've broken up and she didn't get pregnant so I guess
I'm off the hook for the removal, eh?

edit: I think I is John has every right to attempt humour whenever
he pleases! That thread is amazing.

16 year old girl + 16 year old boy that hates johnnies + internet = GOLD
quiet you, we're not talking about contraception anymore, we're making jokes because we don't yet understand the implications of sexual awareness. being barely pubescent and all as we are.

you're just not very funny though

u-pot-sslg.jpg

kettle.gif

fill-with-black.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back