compressing video for the webernet (1 Viewer)

the departed

im going to be very specific here..
ive a song from the rednecks gig im trying to post up here.
the song itself is 2 and half minutes long.
its it an anamorphic 2:35:1 image.

so (depending on what size suits pete ) whats the best way to go about compressing this in FCP or quicktime pro ? without loosing too much quality ?

g-stereotypical said:
im going to be very specific here..
ive a song from the rednecks gig im trying to post up here.
the song itself is 2 and half minutes long.
its it an anamorphic 2:35:1 image.

so (depending on what size suits pete ) whats the best way to go about compressing this in FCP or quicktime pro ? without loosing too much quality ?
open with QT PRO & export as AVI?

i really have no idea

ernesto said:
open with QT PRO & export as AVI?

i really have no idea
Clearly.:D

I tried exporting using quicktime conversion and bringing the size down to 320 x240, framerate to 12 fps, quality to medium, using the Sorenson Video 3 codec, audio set to 8 bit mono at 44.1 khz and the file size for a 4.5 minute clip came to 64mb. Still pretty big but you could then upload it to Google video.

Use Compressor dude (export from fcp using compressor)
Have a garry at a few of the presets
See what you like the best
Leave it overnight and check out your options
Your Batch Monitor is handy for this

Wilbert said:
Clearly.:D

I tried exporting using quicktime conversion and bringing the size down to 320 x240, framerate to 12 fps, quality to medium, using the Sorenson Video 3 codec, audio set to 8 bit mono at 44.1 khz and the file size for a 4.5 minute clip came to 64mb. Still pretty big but you could then upload it to Google video.
damn you. Damn you all to hell!!

Ian said:
Use Compressor dude (export from fcp using compressor)
Have a garry at a few of the presets
See what you like the best
Leave it overnight and check out your options
Your Batch Monitor is handy for this
Ian, if you had a 40 minute programme that you wanted to make web-friendly what settings would you use?

mpeg 4 part 10.

for a fourty minute prog, 320x240, h264, try and get the audio to mp3 if possible, otherwise, mono 8bit, 32khz, and a birrof compression of some sort. set the data rate down to about 150Kb/s.

should just about be visible and audible.

please, only after testing my assertions. but thank you anyway.

oh yeah, i meant to say that while the amount of data is important, especially if you have limits in traffic, the data rate is more important. figure on the user being broadbanded and they can stream it, if they're slowdem, they'd probably have to download. in any case, mpeg 4 variants are all around the best for data rate vs. picture quality.

Bongo beat me to it.
I would say depends on who's hosting it...
a 15 fps tiny framed mono job would be a wikkwe file size could easylly be emailed but would look like shit

No straight answer for that kind of question, all really depends on what you want to sacrifice vs file size restrictions
just experement really

back to the original question. i usually export from fcp as a quiscktime movie and then convert into a tiny mpeg4 with this handy little app called isquint.
its piss easy to use and if you optimize for ipod, its great internet quality in a small file.

p.s. if you buy res magazine they had a great "how to" for web and ipod video about two issues ago.

tin robots said:
back to the original question. i usually export from fcp as a quiscktime movie and then convert into a tiny mpeg4 with this handy little app called isquint.
its piss easy to use and if you optimize for ipod, its great internet quality in a small file.

p.s. if you buy res magazine they had a great "how to" for web and ipod video about two issues ago.
my friend, that isquint is AWESOME. its why i love macs.
brilliant. brilliant. so so handy.
thank you.
videos on their way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back